Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

OJ Mayo..

Featured Replies

Imo hes very overated, good but overated.

  • Replies 75
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many turnovers? Thats my only knock on him.

 

He leads (I guess you can say leads?) the entire Pac-10 Conference with 4.7 turnovers per game.

 

Taj Gibson is 4th with 3.5 per game.

 

On a side note: Lil' Romeo' will be playing for the Trojans next season correct? Or is he a senior in HS this year? I know he signed his LOI a week or 2 ago.

I've watched several TV games and Mayo has looked good to me. In this offense, he stays out beyond the 3pt line a lot and is often, not involved in the dribble penetration. If anything, he's not nearly involved in the flow, as I assumed Coach Floyd would have him.

 

He'll bring the ball down on occasion. Mayo gets low and plays solid perimeter defense and plays with effort. Any player that shoots and handles the ball, with the intent to score, will have TO's.

 

I enjoy watching him play and hope he does well at USC. Fun team to watch and they can get much better.

How many turnovers? Thats my only knock on him.

 

He's a freshman...how many games has he played? He's not Lebron James, so there will be a few growing pains.

Mayo is AMAZING. He has been AMAZING since what, 1st grade?? Sure he makes TO's but like 5wide said, he is a FRESHMAN. Just wait until next year when his name is called as a top 5 draft pick and he makes his way to the NBA. I love Mayo and I always have. I love watching him play.

He's a freshman...how many games has he played? He's not Lebron James, so there will be a few growing pains.

 

He has been that way at every level he has played.

Mayo is AMAZING. He has been AMAZING since what, 1st grade?? Sure he makes TO's but like 5wide said, he is a FRESHMAN. Just wait until next year when his name is called as a top 5 draft pick and he makes his way to the NBA. I love Mayo and I always have. I love watching him play.

 

I love "teammates" that shoot 25 times a game, as well. I do agree that if he can learn to play the team sport of basketball, he will have a great career.

It's not just him but that whole teams has no idea what it means to play together.

It's not just him but that whole teams has no idea what it means to play together.

 

Yeah, I kind of gathered that when I watched them the other night. They have alot of talent on that team, though. We'll see if the coach can get it together.

I love "teammates" that shoot 25 times a game, as well. I do agree that if he can learn to play the team sport of basketball, he will have a great career.

Yes, I agree, I believe that each teammate should get the exact same amount of shots. And they are all the most valuable players at the end of the year. And we should all have equal playing time and all get a trophy. Goodness, lets all play at the YMCA!:rolleyes:

And 16.17 shots per game.

 

I love "teammates" that shoot 25 times a game, as well. I do agree that if he can learn to play the team sport of basketball, he will have a great career.

 

 

Wow he's gone from 16.17 shots a game to 25 shots a game in just a few post. He'll be up to 50 shots a game before this thread reaches page 2.

For the record OJ is shooting 49.5 % from the field, and 42.2 % from 3 point range.

Wow he's gone from 16.17 shots a game to 25 shots a game in just a few post. He'll be up to 50 shots a game before this thread reaches page 2.

Wireman didn't move to Danville because he wanted to utilize his math major!:lol: Of course, I was the one who had to publicly admit he was a genius.:irked:

 

 

 

 

Oh, wait, he may have a "source" that knows how many shots OJ takes! LOL

Wow he's gone from 16.17 shots a game to 25 shots a game in just a few post. He'll be up to 50 shots a game before this thread reaches page 2.

 

You can say what you want, but he forces his offense too much in an attempt to showcase himself. In the first game, he actually shot 27 shots. Forgetting about his teammates cost HHS the mythical national championship last season, as well. I like OJ Mayo and have always enjoyed watching him play, but even Michael Jordan needed teammates to win.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.