Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

OJ Mayo..

Featured Replies

OJ is shooting 48% from the field, 38% beyond the arc and 84% from the line.

I'd say that is very good, considering he is a freshman and scoring quite a bit and not playing with his back to the basket.

  • Replies 75
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wireman didn't move to Danville because he wanted to utilize his math major!:lol: Of course, I was the one who had to publicly admit he was a genius.:irked:

 

 

 

 

Oh, wait, he may have a "source" that knows how many shots OJ takes! LOL

 

sorry, spindoc, you beat me to it.

For the record OJ is shooting 49.5 % from the field, and 42.2 % from 3 point range.

 

He and Gibson together are averaging 8.2 turnovers per game to go along with 4.6 assists per game. :sssh:

Wireman didn't move to Danville because he wanted to utilize his math major!:lol: Of course, I was the one who had to publicly admit he was a genius.:irked:

 

 

 

 

Oh, wait, he may have a "source" that knows how many shots OJ takes! LOL

 

My source is the team's official statistics, which say he's taken 97 shots in 6 games.

I played against this guy when he was in 6th grade. He played for the WV Express, he could dunk in the 6th grade!

I played against this guy when he was in 6th grade. He played for the WV Express, he could dunk in the 6th grade!

 

He is definately a great talent.

He is definately a great talent.

 

Yes he is. One year in college and to the NBA.

Yes he is. One year in college and to the NBA.

There'll be those who will take every chance to hack on him then too. He can't win in the court of public opinion. And especially those with ties to the 16th region basketball here.

There'll be those who will take every chance to hack on him then too. He can't win in the court of public opinion. And especially those with ties to the 16th region basketball here.

 

For the record, I'm not knocking at all because of the 16th region ties. I enjoyed watching Mayo play and wish they could've beat Ashland in the regional championship way back when. I'm just saying that he is a great talent that could be better. With good coaching, he most likely will get better. If you're satisified with where you are (in basketball or life), you'll never get any better.

My source is the team's official statistics, which say he's taken 97 shots in 6 games.
Perhaps one reason, he's the shooting guard, in the offensive scheme.

 

Balance is great in the team concept but every team, must have 1-2 "go to" guys and Mayo has always been one, in HS. If they can find another, to help take future double-teams, chasers, match-up zones off Mayo, this team can be very good.

I love "teammates" that shoot 25 times a game, as well. I do agree that if he can learn to play the team sport of basketball, he will have a great career.

 

My source is the team's official statistics, which say he's taken 97 shots in 6 games.

 

 

I hate to tell you, but that doesn't come out to 25 shots a game.

Perhaps one reason, he's the shooting guard, in the offensive scheme.

 

Balance is great in the team concept but every team, must have 1-2 "go to" guys and Mayo has always been one, in HS. If they can find another, to help take future double-teams, chasers, match-up zones off Mayo, this team can be very good.

 

Don't get me wrong. I don't care if he shoots 1,000 shots, as long as the majority of them are good shots. OJ forces the game a little too much. That worked well in high school, but that won't fly in the NBA. I think its a big-time blessing that he is getting a season of college ball to hone his skills a little.

I hate to tell you, but that doesn't come out to 25 shots a game.

 

We're already determined 10 posts ago that I was being sarcastic and that 97/6 = 16.17 shots per game.

Don't get me wrong. I don't care if he shoots 1,000 shots, as long as the majority of them are good shots. OJ forces the game a little too much. That worked well in high school, but that won't fly in the NBA. I think its a big-time blessing that he is getting a season of college ball to hone his skills a little.

I'm curious,,,how many USC games have you watched in their entirety this season, honestly!?

. OJ forces the game a little too much. That worked well in high school, but that won't fly in the NBA.

 

 

Really? Allen Iverson sure has made a good living doing it. :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.