Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

OJ Mayo..

Featured Replies

I have watched the last 3 games of his on ESPN and it seems like to me that the announcers think that he can do no wrong. Seems to me that he can turn the ball over or throw up a brick and it wasnt his fault. What does everyone else think?

  • Replies 75
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the game last night and at one point one of the announcers mentioned something about him needing to get rid of his "me first attitude" or something along those lines. They said something about him being such a great talent but needing to make sure that he doesnt get in the way of the teams goals.

 

Not in any way saying I agree with them just pointing this out since your thread is about the announcers thinking he can do no wrong.

 

I think that several Freshman players around the Country have shown that they are as good if not better than OJ so far this year. I'm not sure that he's lived up to the hype that was created when he was in High School. Once again, I'm not slamming OJ at all, he played in our local area for a few years and I really hope he does well. I'm sure I'll be slammed for this post because many in this area are very touchy about him and think that if you arent praising him then your a hater. No hater here. Just honesty.

 

I think OJ has played well so far this year. You have to remember he is a Freshman. He still takes a lot of shots and has a few more turn overs than I'm sure he and his coach would like for him to have.

 

Does anyone know why he didnt start last night ? The announcers mentioned something about him being disciplined by his coaches. I believe he sat the first 7 or 8 minutes. He only took 7 or 8 shots last night I believe so maybe something his caches said clicked for him.

I watched him last night and I wasn't all that impressed. First, he didn't start for the supposed reason of "it was a bad matchup..." I'm not buying that and I'm sure there was a rule or two broken and he was being punished. Second, he had turnover after turnover - 6 total to go along with 1 assist. Next, the announcers mentioned that he and a teammate had "had their share of difficulties..." He did shoot good and didn't force any bad shots, but he didn't look like a lottery pick just yet. He has a good scoring average, but he is also averaging 16.17 shots per game.

I'm just glad he went to the West Coast, so I don't have to watch him every time he plays a game.

Yes, he's a villian, I'm so glad he's gone lest he corrupt my children.

Good grief, haters! Classic.:rolleyes:

Yes, he's a villian, I'm so glad he's gone lest he corrupt my children.

Good grief, haters! Classic.:rolleyes:

 

:confused::creepy:

:confused::creepy:

:rolleyes::confused::creepy::jump::p

Yes, he's a villian, I'm so glad he's gone lest he corrupt my children.

Good grief, haters! Classic.:rolleyes:

 

In no way was my post "hating" on OJ. I think if you look through it you'll actually find a compliment or two. Just because I haven't bought into him being the number 1 player in his class doesn't mean I'm "hating" on the kid. Just simply stating the obvious.

In no way was my post "hating" on OJ. I think if you look through it you'll actually find a compliment or two. Just because I haven't bought into him being the number 1 player in his class doesn't mean I'm "hating" on the kid. Just simply stating the obvious.

I didn't quote yours. I agree with you on many points. My issue is this... Because of the notoriety of OJ, many automatically hate on him. And my guess is that not one of those haters have spoken one word to him, yet scrambled to find a ticket to go and see him when he played in their area. He's a superior talent, no more, no less. Is he LeBron? Nope. But IMO, LeBron didn't shoot the jumpshot as well. He had to spend hours in the gym working on it. The kid isn't faultless, nor blameless. I am just tired of all of the negative junk about him. I hope he's a lottery pick and is NBA rookie of the year so that all of this "He's not all that" junk will end.

 

Hey, on another note, is your brother playing at RH tonight?

OJ did not start last night. Neither did Taj Gibson.

 

USC said officially that they "wanted to allow other players to have the opportunity to start."

 

I do not understand that.

 

He played well off bench. 5 of 7 for 13 points.

OJ did not start last night. Neither did Taj Gibson.

 

USC said officially that they "wanted to allow other players to have the opportunity to start."

 

I do not understand that.

 

He played well off bench. 5 of 7 for 13 points.

 

Yeah, and I signed a 10-day contract with the Knicks, as well.

O.J. so far this season...

 

21.8 points per game

4.8 rebounds per game

3.3 assists per game

O.J. so far this season...

 

21.8 points per game

4.8 rebounds per game

3.3 assists per game

 

And 16.17 shots per game.

I didn't quote yours. I agree with you on many points. My issue is this... Because of the notoriety of OJ, many automatically hate on him. And my guess is that not one of those haters have spoken one word to him, yet scrambled to find a ticket to go and see him when he played in their area. He's a superior talent, no more, no less. Is he LeBron? Nope. But IMO, LeBron didn't shoot the jumpshot as well. He had to spend hours in the gym working on it. The kid isn't faultless, nor blameless. I am just tired of all of the negative junk about him. I hope he's a lottery pick and is NBA rookie of the year so that all of this "He's not all that" junk will end.

 

Hey, on another note, is your brother playing at RH tonight?

 

Yup. They play at 6:00 I think. I'm gonna try and make it.

O.J. so far this season...

 

21.8 points per game

4.8 rebounds per game

3.3 assists per game

 

How many turnovers? Thats my only knock on him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.