Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Belfry 38 Somerset 21 (3A)

Featured Replies

  • Replies 39
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Belfry controlled from start to finish. They went up 21 - 0, took a 24 -7 lead into half and extended to 38-7 before Somerset tacked on two late scores.

 

Belfry had 455 yards on 38 carries. Dustin May had 202 yards on 16 totes.

 

Belfry advances to their 5th consectutive semi-final game.

Congrats Pirates. This game was never in question. The defense again proved that they will be the deciding factor in a run at a state title.

Great win tonight.. We looked awesome out there. Everyone looked right on the money. I see big things from this team.. There is so much potential here. I am so proud of our boys and excited so VERY excited :banana:about next Friday night. Bring on Breathitt. We are ready!! :fire::fight::madman:

Congrats to the Pirates tonight. You all continue to impress and show what great defense looks like. Silenced all the doubters about the D being weak in pass coverage. This team is easily the best all around team that I have seen this year and I would be dissapointed if they dont bring home another state title. Easy for me to say that huh, Im an Eagle fan. You all have gained another fan for the season, I hope thats alright.:lol: Go Angry Red.:thumb:

Congratulations Belfry!!!!! Just one more win away from a trip to Papa John's. I thought the defense did a great job tonight and Congratulations to Hickman and Coleman for co-players of the game. Let me restate that, great game for Belfry offensively and defensively.

CONGRATS PIRATES! What a game :flame:

 

:dancingpa

Congrats to the Pirates tonight. You all continue to impress and show what great defense looks like. Silenced all the doubters about the D being weak in pass coverage. This team is easily the best all around team that I have seen this year and I would be dissapointed if they dont bring home another state title. Easy for me to say that huh, Im an Eagle fan. You all have gained another fan for the season, I hope thats alright.:lol: Go Angry Red.:thumb:

 

Another Pirate Fan ehh? I'm not complaining :ylsuper:

  • Author

Wow. All of 8 posts on this outcome.

 

I guess we have all moved on? Was hoping to get some analysis by EKU and Watusi among others.

Very impressive rushing totals in this game. Great job O-LINE of Belfry. Good pirates the rest of the way.

Pirate Pride, I think EKU was going on to Lex for the UK game and I am just now getting my eyes awake this morning. :lol:

Congrats to Belfry on a great game. I thought your team was well coached, very fundamentally sound and your team, coaches and fans were very classy. Unless something strange happens I don't see anyone else in 3A coming close to the Pirates this season. As for the Jumpers, keep your heads up guys it was a great season you were just up against a great team last night. Seniors, we'll miss you guys and good luck in whatever you decide to do. Underclassmen, get in the weight room and come back better next season--the future is bright. Good Luck Belfry--bring a State Title back to Eastern Kentucky!

  • Author

Watusi

 

I unfortunately will not be in Commonwealth. I have tix, but I have an Employment Law exam on Monday that requires my attention. So I better get off here.

Belfry controlled the game and were very physical in doing it. I don't think Somerset was ready for a team that physical. The starting quaterback left the game, I think it was early in the 3rd Qtr, when he got sandwiched by two defenders from Belfry. It was the 3rd or 4th hard lick he had taken. Cole came up a little bit lame a time or two and seemed to be favoring one leg.

 

Kudos to the offensive and defensive lines, these guys really did an outstanding job. We had a good push all night and it really paid off. Somerset's defense was quick to the football and it took a big effort on the part of the Belfry blockers to open up the holes and they came through, again.

 

I was most impressed with our secondary who provided really good downfield coverage on the receivers, especially Cole. It resulted in a couple of interceptions and also some coverage sacks. Cole was best used when they got him the ball on short routes and allwed him to use his speed to outrun everyone. He is very fast. I am not sure he has enough size or is physical enough to play in the SEC though, but I wish him the best and I hope I am wrong about that.

 

The running back, #30, was the best and most impressive Briar Jumper on the field IMO, at least for this night. He was a big timer, not especially fast, but very physical and an absolute load to bring down. I can see how he got his yards this year. They spread you out and then get him the ball where he can go one on one with defenders and it takes more than one to bring him down. I liked him.

 

Oh, and Belfry's fans deserve an atta boy too. They were out in droves and they were loud and proud. I know it pumps up the boys and it is great to be a part of. When you look across the field and you know you out number the home fans and you are 3.5 hours away from your home, you know you have great fans. Pirate fans are the best and I love them.

 

I also want to congratulate Somersets fans and their program. I noticed nothing but good sportsmanship from the players on the field. In the closing seconds, it was the Jumper players who first starting hugging the Pirates and congratulating them on the field. I met several fans on the way in and out, and they were the same both times. Even in a loss, they congratulated us and wished us well. In particular, the father of #28 came up to me at my car and took the time to wish us well. He was very very complimentary of our team, our fans and coaching staff. He used the words Class and Great and other accolades and you could tell he was being genuine. You have to admire that.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.