Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bonds Vs. Rose-The Biggest Villain

Featured Replies

I think both Rose and Bonds attended the Bill Clinton School of Truth.:eek:

  • Replies 42
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rose in a landslide.

 

Agree. While I'm no Bonds fan, I have to echo the sentiments of hs in previous posts.

Rose! It has been stated here that he never bet against his teams. Are we naive enough to think he bet the Reds to win every game. I hope not. So in theory there were games where he didn't have a bet. Did he manage those games differently? Maybe hold back a reliever for the next game he knew he would be betting? I think the "he only bet to win" stance is a poor one to take.

I am a Bonds supporter and intil there is proof that he has done anything wrong then he is innocent in my eyes. Rose had admitted to wrongdoings

Rose! It has been stated here that he never bet against his teams. Are we naive enough to think he bet the Reds to win every game. I hope not. So in theory there were games where he didn't have a bet. Did he manage those games differently? Maybe hold back a reliever for the next game he knew he would be betting? I think the "he only bet to win" stance is a poor one to take.

 

No, Dowd report said Rose bet on the Reds to WIN every game they played during the time he was investigated except one in which no bet was made. I agree if he only bet some of the time then that would look very bad. He bet to win however, I am pretty sure he also did everything in his power to manage the Reds to victory each and every night.

 

While Rose has tons of integrity issues, I think Baseball historians in the future will give him his due for the player that he was. Which is more than baseball and the current bunch of pompous media will now.

 

As for Bonds, IMHO his artificially gained strengh helped him do things that he was not on path to accomplish. I think the extra additives he took improved his strength enough to improve his bat speed and give him just a little longer that he could wait on the ball. It gave him the same effect as if the pitcher was backed 6 feet, extra time to see the pitch and adjust his swing.

 

I think Bonds has done the same thing that MANY other players have done. He has just been so indignant about it no one can stand him (sounds like Pete).

 

Bonds cheated the competition of the game

Rose cheated the integrity of the game

 

If and when Bonds goes in the HOF, it will be the biggest injustice in American sports if Pete Rose "The Player" isn't in as well.

 

That said I can't stand Bonds. I grew up listening to Marty and Joe telling me about Pete, Johnny, Joe, Tony and the boys. I loved Pete the Player

Rose is the best hitter of all time, What he did,Did not enhance his game, but tarnished his legacy for the future. Bonds on the other hand took drugs to help increase his home run record. For this Bonds wins the Villon of baseball shame hall of fame. And the record should go back to the king Hank.

Bonds, no question anywhere in my mind about it.

What Rose did was against baseball rules, no question. Pete Rose has more base hits than anyone to ever play this great game, that cannot be disputed. Rose imo got them on dedication, hard work and sheer desire. Gambling imo did not get him one more base hit bc of it.

Bonds on the other hand would no doubt have been HOF w/o the roids but that didn't satisfy him. The cheating/Roids did imo gain him more HR's than the very large number that he would have had "clean".

 

Pete Rose even after the gamblling (which is very wrong) is still the all time hit king.

(gamling as I said did not get him 1 more base hit)

 

Barry Bonds tainted record imo returns tha all time HR king title to Hank Aaron.

 

(Ruth did it on hot dogs and beer....Aaron did it on hard work and dedication, determination and Bonds did it with the help of the creams and the "juice")

Bonds is the bigger villian. Rose the player earned every hit with hard work and a burning desire to be the best. 10%, 20%, 1%. We do not know what percent of Bonds HR's came from cheating.

Bonds is the bigger villian. Rose the player earned every hit with hard work and a burning desire to be the best. 10%, 20%, 1%. We do not know what percent of Bonds HR's came from cheating.

 

or if any.....

No contest. Bonds is the biggest villain and has done more to damage baseball. I don't know anybody who ceased being a baseball fan or stopped following the game because of Rose's actions. I have lost all interest in the game because of the widespread use of HGH and steroids by MLB players and Bonds is the poster boy of cheating in baseball.

 

Even if Rose bet against his own team, like the Black Sox, baseball dealt with the problem. In contrast, Bud Selig and the owners just winked at the fans and implicitly nodded their approval to cheaters like Bonds as they rendered the record books irrelevant.

I think both Rose and Bonds attended the Bill Clinton School of Truth.:eek:

 

:thumb::lol: A person can now certainly tell when they are lying.......their lips move.

In contrast, Bud Selig and the owners just winked at the fans and implicitly nodded their approval to cheaters like Bonds as they rendered the record books irrelevant.

 

...Bonds' fault how?

Some people think Pete Rose should be placed into the Hall Of Fame, But in every locker room in major league baseball ball parks across the America there is a number one rule that is one of the biggest sins in baseball. BETTING ON BASEBALL. If you let him in you are opening all kinds of doors to other rule cheater. Its just not right, So in my opinion keep him out of the Hall of fame. But his record should stand because betting did nothing to help his record.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.