Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bonds Vs. Rose-The Biggest Villain

Featured Replies

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7456666

 

Something this so called “reporter” neglects to mention is that Bonds was a player who cheated the game. Rose was not a player at the time and he didn’t cheat, he broke rules, but he didn’t cheat the game.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough call. I'd have to say Bonds, because I think he did more damage to baseball than Rose.

Bonds cheated to win and Rose bet on who would win. I guess I have to say Bonds becauase he cheated on his skills. Rose didn't cheat to be a good player.

Bonds cheated to win and Rose bet on who would win. I guess I have to say Bonds becauase he cheated on his skills. Rose didn't cheat to be a good player.

 

Thats a good way of putting it! :thumb:

Bonds cheated to win and Rose bet on who would win. I guess I have to say Bonds becauase he cheated on his skills. Rose didn't cheat to be a good player.

 

:thumb:

 

I have to add this though, both are bad for the game (Pete as a player, GREAT as a skipper, HORRIBLE)

Rose....but I've always liked Bonds, and pretty much felt like Pete was the scum of the earth, so I'm biased.

Rose played the game with his heart and soul.....Bonds played when he wanted to!

Rose....but I've always liked Bonds, and pretty much felt like Pete was the scum of the earth, so I'm biased.

If you're basing it on everyday scum, Rose has a solid lead. Can you imagine Pete Rose without baseball as a redeeming quality? :eek:

If you're basing it on everyday scum, Rose has a solid lead. Can you imagine Pete Rose without baseball as a redeeming quality? :eek:

 

He wouldn't have anything to talk about over on the westside.

Pete Rose knowingly broke the only rule posted in Clubhouses that will get you a life-time ban.

 

Barry Bonds broke a rule that was so over-looked they didn't even bother to punish people for it up until the last few years.

 

While Barry is the popular answer there really is no choice: Pete Rose.

 

Gambling in Pro Sports (or College) saps away any and all integrity and calls into question game outcomes. Barry Bonds tried to get stronger by any means necessary.

 

I can't believe anyone, with any objectivity at all, could say Bonds was the bigger Villain.

Bonds was the bigger villian. :p

Both were unbelievable baseball players. 1 during his entire playing career played the game the way it was supposed to be played. The other (Bonds) only did it for the first 9 or 10 years of his career and then resorted to cheating IMO. Rose's mistakes came after his career and obviously screwed up.

Even saying all that its obvious that Bonds is the villian. More people love Pete Rose and hate Barry Bonds.

Gambling in Pro Sports (or College) saps away any and all integrity and calls into question game outcomes. Barry Bonds tried to get stronger by any means necessary.

 

.

 

This is exactly the reason Rose is worse. You cannot overestimate the integrity issue.

Pete Rose knowingly broke the only rule posted in Clubhouses that will get you a life-time ban.

 

Barry Bonds broke a rule that was so over-looked they didn't even bother to punish people for it up until the last few years.

 

While Barry is the popular answer there really is no choice: Pete Rose.

 

Gambling in Pro Sports (or College) saps away any and all integrity and calls into question game outcomes. Barry Bonds tried to get stronger by any means necessary.

 

I can't believe anyone, with any objectivity at all, could say Bonds was the bigger Villain.

 

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.