Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mayfield at Frankfort (1A)

Who wins this one? 97 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this one?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Congratulations Mayfield and thanks for saving us that drive. The Panthers are looking forward to playing a team with such a rich tradition. All you Mayfield BGPers be sure and give me a shout this Friday look forward to meeting you guys. Have a safe trip up.

  • Replies 95
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am interested in who thinks who has the stronger schedule? I don't know much about the teams on Frankfort's schedule, with the exception of Danville. I know that Mayfield has played several top 10 ranked teams this year in Marshall, Graves, Tilghman, Caldwell, and Fulton City.

I should still be in town Friday night, so hopefully I can make it down to good ole Sower Field for this one.

I am interested in who thinks who has the stronger schedule? I don't know much about the teams on Frankfort's schedule, with the exception of Danville. I know that Mayfield has played several top 10 ranked teams this year in Marshall, Graves, Tilghman, Caldwell, and Fulton City.

 

Mayfield Regular Season:

 

W vs 2A Heath (5-7)

W vs 1A Ballard Memorial (2-8)

W vs 6A Graves County (7-4)

W vs 1A Crittenden Co. (4-7)

W vs 3A Pad. Tilghman (8-4)

W vs 1A Fulton County (2-9)

L vs 4A Calloway Co. (7-5)

L vs 1A Fulton City (9-2)

L vs 6A Marshall Co (8-3)

W vs 2A Caldwell Co (7-4)

Total Opp Record (59-53)

 

Frankfort Regular Season:

 

W vs 1A Campbellsville (6-6)

W vs 1A Gallatin Co. (7-4)

L vs 4A Franklin Co. (9-3)

W vs 1A Bracken Co. (1-9)

W vs 3A Garrad County (5-7)

W vs 1A Trimble County (7-5)

W vs 3A Western Hills (1-10)

W vs 1A Eminence (5-6)

W vs 2A Danville (9-3)

L vs 6A North Hardin (3-8)

Total Opp. Record (53-61)

I here Frankfort is a tough place to play .Is there any truth to this ? Some say there is a ,how should I say , better than normal home field advantage . :D

I've just heard it's a pretty small stadium. No idea if the source had any idea what he was talking about or not. Coach can you tell me what the visitors seating is like?

 

On schedules the Danville wins says volumes, the Ads may not be as strong as in some past years but we all know first hand that it takes a great effort to beat the Ads and Frankfort did so at Danville and without the services of Mr. Everything Fields. That is scary.

 

On the other hand I wonder about the N. Hardin loss but Fields was not very healthy for that game and NH is a big school. The Franklin loss is not really a suprise, they are pretty good, a crosstown rival and they seem to have Frankfort's number.

 

Fields health is of intrest for this one. I am not sure he is 100% but even at 50% I have a feeling he is a load.

 

As for Mayfield, their season is a puzzle. The Cards looked like world beaters out of the gate then had injuries, suspensions and team internal termoil. The ship appears at times to have rightted itself then at other times it seems that all is not well. The turnovers and mistakes went away last night but QB Armstrong has only 1 completion in 2 games and his shoulder is still a issue. Kicker/punter McNutt's status will be critical as will be the long snapper's status. Another round of what we went through last night and the Cards will be buying tickets to watch the following weeks game.

To win Frankfort will need to win in the trenches on defense and let Fields and company do their thing. For Mayfield they have got to get the offense better in sync and that means keep penalities and turnovers down and complete atleast some passes. last night several balls were dropped by recievers that were dead on. On defense Mayfield must overcome the loss of Lawson and control the line of scrimmage. Last night they did a pretty good job of that. The Cards secondary has been it's weak link at times and at other times it's looked okay. They better look okay against Frankfort.

 

Does Frankfort throw much?

Coach tell us Mayfieldians about Jordan Morgan, he is said to be a stud in his own right

I am not from Frankfort .I was passing along info that has been passed to me .I have never been to Frankfort .I just heard it is no :dancingpa playing there . :lol:

  • Author

Jordan Morgan plays tailback, fullback and middle linebacker. He is about 5'7" and 160. He gets to the ball well on defense and will hit you when he gets there. Offensively he's like all our backs good speed and vision and runs very hard. Our field is located in a neighborhood beside the KY river. Our visitor bleachers are very small 3 sections I think, but their elevated so you can see the field good. Our field is bermuda with the crushed rubber applied to it. It is 100 yards long and 53 yards wide and we have pretty good lights. It's kinda of unique where it's located, but other than that I don't understand the concerns. DOn't know if the crowd will have any effect as it was pitiful last night maybe 500 if I had to guess.

I am not from Frankfort .I was passing along info that has been passed to me .I have never been to Frankfort .I just heard it is no :dancingpa playing there . :lol:

 

You're right...Not many visiting teams win there... :thumb:

The field isn't in great condition (obviously this late in the season), but it's still better than some. I think it's been several years since the last time the bermuda was planted/placed or whatever is done to it. The visitor bleachers aren't the greatest. The stadium is nothing fancy, but it sits right off the river in a neighborhood with hundred year old trees looming overhead. Creates a nice atmosphere when loaded with fans... who will hopefully be pleasant to all visitors.

 

Losses at home last five years (including playoffs)...

2003 - Newport

2004 - Danville, Christian Academy of Louisville

2005 - Franklin County

2006 - Danville

2007 - Franklin County, North Hardin

Im going with the panthers to take it to mayfield!! :fight:

 

 

FH-28

mayfield-21

These are the type of games Mayfield lives for. For some reason, they seem to play better when they're the underdog. I think Frankfort has earned the right to be called the favorite by there overall body of work, but, if Mayfield can get back to that early season form, they'll be awefully tough to beat. I feel they'll play inspired ball and somehow get the job jone...Mayfield 28 Frankfort 14

Not much seating at all. Better bring some chairs to set around the field and you better get there early because there is not much parking there to. a lot of people will be standing up and yes it is hard place to play at with the backing they got.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.