Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds Pick Up Options On Dunn, Hatteberg and Valentin

Featured Replies

Don't see it happening IMHO...The only way I see Hamilton moved, is if the Reds think Bruce is ready. And he probably needs one more year.

Votto or Hamilton need to be moved if they have any chance of getting a decent pitcher.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whos in charge of Hobbs now?

Really shaping up to be another great season:banana:

 

Trade for pitching, packaged with Votto?

subtracted one.:irked:

 

 

Dumatrait? Gosling?? Are you really upset about either one of those two being let go?

Dumatrait? Gosling?? Are you really upset about either one of those two being let go?

 

Was just commenting on this thread and the one they let go.

 

Not sure either of those had had the success this past season that Eddie had. I think the problem with him was likely $$$.

Dumatrait? Gosling?? Are you really upset about either one of those two being let go?

Uncle Miltie?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nevermind, you said pitcher!

Uncle Miltie?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nevermind, you said pitcher!

 

I hear the Reds are considering in resigning him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

as a batting practice pitcher.:sssh:

Votto or Hamilton (or both) will be moved IMO...

 

For who? Interesting concept to move the future of the team and keep the ones that have given us such riveting baseball. Well at least it is a plan.

Bruce is ready for the majors. He has nothing else to prove in the minors.

 

 

 

But will the Reds brass realize this? I was surprised they didn't call him up last year to see how he did against major league pitching. Yes, he will be in spring training, but will be facing alot of pitchers who will be trying to make their respective clubs. From everything I've read, and heard, I believe he may be ready as well. But until he gets a chance to hit against the big boys, the jury is still out. Let's not forget about Brandon Larson.

Hatteberg's signing tells me they have something for Votto in the hopper (no pun intended). I said a month or so ago that the Reds were actively shopping Hamilton or Votto...they feel the team is too left-handed and that they can get value for these two.

 

I also think the Reds will be willing to pay nearly all (if not all) of Junior's salary to package him in as well. This is his last year in Cincy and the sooner they can extricate him from the clubby the better off they are.

 

The plan today is for Bruce to open the season in Louisville, however, if Hamilton AND Junior are dealt I guess that speeds up. I still think (sick of hearing this) that the Opening Day 2009 line-up has Dunn, Bruce and Hamilton in it.

 

I really think Votto is on the way out.

Bruce is ready for the majors. He has nothing else to prove in the minors.

 

I agree, While i don't think the reds should move Votto or Hamiltion, It makes sense in a lot of ways especially if we move Hamiltion. If they keep both around with Bruce the lineup would look something like this in 2009.

 

Rf- Bruce

Cf- Hamiltion

2b- Phillips

Lf- Dunn

3b- EE

1b- Votto

SS- ??

C- ??

P-

 

How many lefties does one outfield and one lineup need.

I could be wrong but I don't think we can do anything with Hamilton because he is a Rule 5 guy...Or is that only for the first year...I thought if he wasn't on the Reds roster he went back to the Devil Rays.

  • Author
I could be wrong but I don't think we can do anything with Hamilton because he is a Rule 5 guy...Or is that only for the first year...I thought if he wasn't on the Reds roster he went back to the Devil Rays.

 

First year only...

 

I like what Marty just said about this, do you think the Reds will take a chance on picking up Dunn's option in the offseason and hope to trade him then, maybe pay a chunk of his salary in return for a prospect?

 

Marty made it clear that Dunn will not be in Cincinnati next year.

 

 

 

Here is Marty's take in July. As I said then, Dunn would be back. I was told, not just by Stark, but mostly by others, that they'd trust Marty's word over mine. Oh well....

How many lefties does one outfield and one lineup need.

 

 

See post #25, that is the point. With Dunn, Griffey, Hamilton, Bruce, Votto, Hatteberg...they are just very left-handed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.