Girardi is George's New Manager

cshs81

Would you rather coach the Reds/Royals/Twins or the Yankees. Would you rather manage a team that is willing to pay to win or one that isnt. I understand the Steinbrenner would be a problem but wouldnt you be in one of the better situations to win if you took the Yankees job?

This is why Girardi turned down the Baltimore job, this is his dream job. I thought that if they hired anyone OTHER than Girardi it was a mistake. I think it's a great move and even though he might not last very long, it won't be because of his efforts as a manager. Expectations with that franchise are way too high.

I was dead wrong, I really thought Donny B. would get the job. Shocked.

It's amazing what one good year, while alienating everyone above you on the depth chart, will get you.

I predict implosion.

Maybe Dusty can lure Donny here since we are fairly close to his hometown. Just hoping...he'd be a great addition in the clubby.

I agree completely.....Donny B. was the right man for the job, and I predict, or at least hope for, many years of suffering from the Bronx Bombers.

I don't think Girardi is the right fit for the Yankees. He's a firey, rah-rah type guy. That plays well with a bunch of rookies/younger players like what he had with the Marlins. I don't think it will go over so well in a veteran Yankee clubhouse. I know that the Yankees have several young players but they got enough veteran leadership in place that I think they would have been okay with more of a players manager. I think Girardi's in your face style will wear thin before the end of the first year.

Girardi is no doubt a good baseball man and manager. I thought as others have that Mattingly sould have been the choice. I honestly believe that Mattingly was a better fit for this team.

I hope that Girardi will do well, I am Yankee fan.

I believe that Torre should still be there but I don't blame him at all after that offer that he got, it was more about respect than money. That was another thread though.

Maybe the Reds can fire Baker before he starts and hire Donnie baseball (lol). Reds should have waited on their choice.....JMO, but then again we are talking about a front office management in Cincinnatti (Bengals-Reds) ...........not exactly "tearing it up" - LOL.

Torre hasn't won the series since 2000, with all the talent we had and making the the playoffs the last seven years a change had to be made. Donny is one of my favorite players and men of all the Yankees, but I didn't want him in the job. I'm not crazy about Joe G.

I would have firsd Torre after losing 3-4 to the Sox, and this year we had their number and wouldn have paid them back this year, Joe didn't start the right guy and is gone.