Dayton 20 Newport 7

NHScats07

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job Dayton! What is the status of the two players that got hurt? It would be a crying shame to get this far and be without two of your best players for the playoffs, nobody wants that. Get them healthy, you have time, again, congrats on a great season!!

Great job Dayton! What is the status of the two players that got hurt? It would be a crying shame to get this far and be without two of your best players for the playoffs, nobody wants that. Get them healthy, you have time, again, congrats on a great season!!

Brownfield has a sprained ankle not sure how bad it is, and Wynn's shoulder was dislocated and would not go back into place so I don't know why it won't pop back in. Who had a concussion?

About the game, was really impressed with Newport's defense a lot better than what I had thought. They brought the house almost every play and it killed Dayton's running game for awhile and Dayton had to rely on the passing game. I think at the end Dayton eventually wore down the Newport D and started to get some good rushes but still had to rely on the passing game fairly often. Good hard hitting game from both teams. Nice win to Dayton go down to Carroll next week then we invite the Tigers back to our house for the rematch!!!:ylsuper:

I have talked to some people involved. Brownfield has an ankle sprain. Supposedly it isn't a high ankle sprain, which is as good as you could have hoped for. Wynn's shoulder was dislocated, which would make me think they could pop in back into place, get him some extra padding or something, and have him go to work. But I heard as OL50 did, that they couldn't get it back into place and he was hesitant to let anyone touch it. So I don't know. I don't imagine you will see either next week. I heard some rumblings about a concussion too, but talked to some people that said it was just a rumor an that the kid was just a little shaken up.

I hope the best for Wynn and Brownfield. The paper said Trimnell was hurt is this accurate? I would like to see them full go when they play Bellevue.

The paper was inaccurate. When they talked about Trimnell, they meant Brownfield. Dustin has a bruised foot, but he's fine, though again, I imagine you probably won't see much of him next week.

The paper was inaccurate. When they talked about Trimnell, they meant Brownfield. Dustin has a bruised foot, but he's fine, though again, I imagine you probably won't see much of him next week.

Thanks for the heads up and that is horrible writing on the part of the Enquirer. They actually had a headline that drew me to the article then they screw it up. Devils need to rest most starter this comign week, save em for the showdown at Davis field against the Tigers.

Saturday morning update! Brownfield has a ankle sprain not a high ankle sprain and Wynn went to the hospital where they popped his shoulder back. other than that the Devils are 100% and although those two will probably sit this up coming week out, "just to be safe" they will be back Bellevue game.