October 20, 200718 yr LANCASTER, Ky. (AP) - Authorities say a Wayne County man was arrested after running onto the field and allegedly striking a Garrard County player during a high school football game last night. Kirby Thompson was charged with disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor, after rushing onto the field late in the game following a jarring hit against a Wayne County player. Garrard County sheriff's deputy Brandon Conley says the 50-year-old Thompson of Monticello, was taken to the Lincoln County regional jail. He was released today. Conley says Thompson is the parent of a Wayne County player and was upset about a hard hit which apparently provoked him to run onto the field. Players and coaches from both teams came on the field and some fans were ejected after entering the playing field. One player from each team was ejected. The game resumed after the melee, and Wayne County eventually won 25-20.
October 20, 200718 yr LANCASTER, Ky. (AP) - Authorities say a Wayne County man was arrested after running onto the field and allegedly striking a Garrard County player during a high school football game last night. Kirby Thompson was charged with disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor, after rushing onto the field late in the game following a jarring hit against a Wayne County player. Garrard County sheriff's deputy Brandon Conley says the 50-year-old Thompson of Monticello, was taken to the Lincoln County regional jail. He was released today. Conley says Thompson is the parent of a Wayne County player and was upset about a hard hit which apparently provoked him to run onto the field. Players and coaches from both teams came on the field and some fans were ejected after entering the playing field. One player from each team was ejected. The game resumed after the melee, and Wayne County eventually won 25-20. Unbelievable!
October 21, 200718 yr If the man actually struck the Garrard player shouldn't he be charged with assault/battery?
October 21, 200718 yr This shows how crazy parents have become in the lives of their kids athletic events. Football is a very physical sport including collsions that occur each play. No matter what happens, parents need to stay away from the field, stay away from being overly involved in what happens. The parents need to understand the rules and be a fan and help pick up their children after the game and go home as a family and talk about what happened. I hope the coaches that rushed the field done it to stop the "Insane" parent who ran onto the field. Let the coaches coach and officials officiate and handle this situation. This was uncalled for but as long as authority isn't directed by home security and officals, this may occur more often.
October 21, 200718 yr Let's not mention any names, of the players involved in this incident. Please also keep in mind, our BGP Rules regarding this type of behavior. Particularly Rule #4 and Rule #9.....:thumb:
October 21, 200718 yr This shows how crazy parents have become in the lives of their kids athletic events. Football is a very physical sport including collsions that occur each play. No matter what happens, parents need to stay away from the field, stay away from being overly involved in what happens. The parents need to understand the rules and be a fan and help pick up their children after the game and go home as a family and talk about what happened. I hope the coaches that rushed the field done it to stop the "Insane" parent who ran onto the field. Let the coaches coach and officials officiate and handle this situation. This was uncalled for but as long as authority isn't directed by home security and officals, this may occur more often. Very nice Thank you!!
October 21, 200718 yr Embarrassing and explains why some of the players play the way they do. It starts at home people. :irked:
October 21, 200718 yr This is also a prime reason for why no one but official staff should be allowed on or near the sidelines. I even hate to think what could have happened if calmer heads didn't prevail.
October 21, 200718 yr I just saw the footage on WKYT news tonight. I hope they make an example of this guy. I hope the kid on the football team who got hit by this idiot sues him for lots of $$$. The guy should be in jail. There needs to be strict penalties for parents and other fans who can't control themselves. I'm kind of surprised that they allowed the game to continue. There was an incident at a Montgomery Co. soccer game (I think with Bourbon Co) where a couple of fights broke out between the players and some parents got too vocal (didn't go on the field) and the game was called...
October 21, 200718 yr Don't know the law on this in KY but in another state I coached in this is a felony and is specified as such by statute specificly adressing HS and youth sports.
October 21, 200718 yr Some of the parents sacrifice a great deal of time and money to really help these high school programs rolling. Some, like this example, are complete idiots. I hope they go out of their way to prosecute this guy to set an example of him. I see so many parents get hostile towards players, coaches, and refs that it really bothers me sometimes. I hope he is civilly and criminally prosecuted...
October 21, 200718 yr Some of the parents sacrifice a great deal of time and money to really help these high school programs rolling. Some, like this example, are complete idiots. I hope they go out of their way to prosecute this guy to set an example of him. I see so many parents get hostile towards players, coaches, and refs that it really bothers me sometimes. I hope he is civilly and criminally prosecuted... I agree, this behavior must be stopped .:fight:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.