Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corbin football game atmosphere.

Featured Replies

Maybe the school needs some new ideas? Make a trip to a Johnson Central home game and check out some of the things that they do. Outstanding atmosphere!!!
I agree, great announcer, music, fireworks, great barbeque, good atmosphere.
  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved Corbin Football back in the day of Coach Adams. However, towards the end it seemed the people of Corbin didn't actually know just how good they had it. Many complained in the stands of a more fast paced and flashy

offense. Then came change and IMO Corbin football started the turn down hill. The district realignment didn't help matters and now with the Bell game off the schedule many of the games we all want to see are a thing of the past. Add the changing times of our culture with many more opportunities out there for the young people and you now have the atmosphere not only at the Corbin's but all across the state. Corbin has been and still are a very good football team but the excitement of a dominate team just might be a thing of the past. Again, this is only an opinion but maybe new rivalry games can be born from the new district alignment and everyone can get back to good district and nondistrict games.

Winning games puts fans in the stands. Until this year, the past few seasons...especially the previous 2, have been nothing to cheer about. The Basketball team has enjoyed a wave of new interest and success because it has been winning consistently. If the football coaches were a little more flexible and a little nicer, there are several kids playing basketball that could be playing (and helping) the football hounds. The kids almost have to choose football or basketball nowadays due to practice demands of the football coaches and it seems that the kids with size are all choosing to play basketball. There are 8 or more kids who are 6'3"+ that are not playing football but are playing basketball.

At least that is my observation.

What has happened to it? I remember when the stadium was full every week and you couldn't hear the person next to you talking to you. I have noticed the drop off but really hadn't paid much mind to it until the other day. I had some family in watching the Middlesboro game and they said, "For a tradition rich program with 5 state titles, it sure is dead in here nowadays." It has been that way since about the time we left the old district There would be games that drew crowds but not every Friday night.

 

I would like to see the community shut down like it used to do on Friday nights. I would like to see the fans show up to Campbell Field and support the Redhounds. I think it absolutely sucks that such a talented team with such potential are only watched by 2 or 3,000 fans tops. There is no need that Campbell Field shouldn't be packed to the gills.

 

It's not just a school thing, Corbin Football represents the entire community and should be supported as such. For all of those who show up on Fridays and make noise, I applaud you. We here in this town shouldn't settle for a Rupp Arena like crowd where people just set on their hands. Make some noise and make Corbin Football what people know Corbin Football to be. Teams used to fear coming down here. It's sad that it's just another road game against a good team. It should be a terrifying event.

For a moment I thought you were going to say Paris game nights.

Same thing in Paris. It used to be that way and now it is how it is now.

Even the band leaves at halftime, along with the administration.

I loved Corbin Football back in the day of Coach Adams. However, towards the end it seemed the people of Corbin didn't actually know just how good they had it. Many complained in the stands of a more fast paced and flashy

offense. Then came change and IMO Corbin football started the turn down hill. The district realignment didn't help matters and now with the Bell game off the schedule many of the games we all want to see are a thing of the past. Add the changing times of our culture with many more opportunities out there for the young people and you now have the atmosphere not only at the Corbin's but all across the state. Corbin has been and still are a very good football team but the excitement of a dominate team just might be a thing of the past. Again, this is only an opinion but maybe new rivalry games can be born from the new district alignment and everyone can get back to good district and nondistrict games.

 

 

Great post, I think you are exactly right. Used to be the #1 place in my book to watch a game.

Don't y'all play Somerset next week. Isn't that an old rivalry that could be brought back? I think that game would be good every year. Maybe you can add Bell back in and get the momentum going. I hate to see old, established programs with great history take a downturn.

I was blasted for calling out people over the Bell game, but from a few posts from other users tell me some agree the series SHOULD go on. No one gets excited for Corbin vs. Bethlehem. It will be playoffs before we see another good football team play our Redhounds. We will be rested, yet untested.

I remember living in Corbin from 97-02 and high school football was king. Pigskin was a big deal and the whole community showed up. Raised in Cincy, I was very impressed with the Hounds and tradition that was supported there. I have not had the chance to catch a game since leaving and find it hard to believe there are empty seats at Campbell Field. Hope this years team brings back the glory days for the Redhounds....

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.