Dayton 35 Bellevue 8

bbleser

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dayton opened the scoring after what would be the first of a few INTs on the night. The 8-0 lead grew to 15-0 behind a nice balanced attack before Bellevue cut it to 15-8 after a nice drive on the ground. That would be as close as Bellevue would get as Dayton tacked on two more scores before halftime to take a 28-8 lead at the break.

Both teams took turns turning it over in the second half. Dayton threw an INT at the Bellevue 1 and Bellevue threw one in the Dayton endzone. Eventually Dayton punched one in to make it 35-8. Both teams subbed out with 5 minutes left in the game.

Dayton:

Good mix of run and pass and kept turnovers to a couple. Solid enough on D mostly by getting turnovers.

Bellevue:

Way too many turnovers. Pass attack just not developed enough. Ran the ball very well at times, but offense cannot overcome any penalties. Pass defense gave up the big play.

Excellent game for the Devils, and especially their QB Sherklock, not sure on the exact numbers (will get them later) but threw 3 TD's, I would say around 250 yards, threw I think one Int and had an Int on defense. Great game all around though. Dayton is looking to go 9-1 for the first time since 1996 (I'm pretty sure the 96 team went 9-1). Go devils!!!:dancingpa

Excellent game for the Devils, and especially their QB Sherklock, not sure on the exact numbers (will get them later) but threw 3 TD's, I would say around 250 yards, threw I think one Int and had an Int on defense. Great game all around though. Dayton is looking to go 9-1 for the first time since 1996. Go devils!!!:dancingpa

Dayton looked good, they have some size and athletes. Question for you O-Line (and any other Devils) what does Dayton have to do to beat Beechwood in the rematch?

Dayton looked good, they have some size and athletes. Question for you O-Line (and any other Devils) what does Dayton have to do to beat Beechwood in the rematch?

Play to win!!! Forget the past and play to win! The Dayton kids have put in the dedication and effort needed. Mentally they need to know this and believe the will win! It is completely mental!