Dayton 35 Bellevue 8

bbleser

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dayton looked good, they have some size and athletes. Question for you O-Line (and any other Devils) what does Dayton have to do to beat Beechwood in the rematch?

They would have to play mistake-free football on the turnover end while forcing a few to beat Beechwood.

Moving the ball on Beechwood won't be easy and the Dayton punting game needs to be effective and maintain field position. Same thing for kickoff coverage.

Defensively, Dayton would need to not give up any big plays. Make Beechwood earn their scores with sustained drives.

Adding to them I defently think the mentallity of going into the game believing they can win is the biggest thing. But this team has a big "pep in their step" lately and I think they will believe this coming into this game. After that, no turnovers is biggest. I was at the Beechwood game and I remember Dayton putting together one good drive in the middle of second quater. They spread Beechwood and used short passes added with runs up the middle. They marched about 80 yards on the Beechwoods first string D to make it a 24 to 7 game but then Beechwood ran away with it. If they can put together some drives like that one it could get interesting in the second game. Other than that just come out and play the way the way they can play, and not be flat they have been in a couple of games including the first Beechwood game.

As for the states I posted sorry i was WAY off on the yards. Sherlock was 7 for 16, 147 yards, 3 TD's, 1 int, not sure on rushing yards, and had a defensive int in Bellvue's endzone.

Dayton looked good, they have some size and athletes. Question for you O-Line (and any other Devils) what does Dayton have to do to beat Beechwood in the rematch?

Believe, Dayton must believe they are better and not have the mentality that oh no this is Beechwood. One thing Dayton has now that they didn't last time they meet Beechwood is a mix of run and pass. I think there line now has more confidence and they continue to improve as players and a team. To beat Beechwood they must be perfect. :thumb:

Congrats to Dayton on the big win over my Alma Mater. Turnovers will kill you, short fields are beautiful. Both teams have been the recipients of winning games due to Turnovers so the rematch will have to be played to perfection.

As far as Beechwood, Dayton better bring the house because this aint the year Beechwood loses in Class A. That is just unfortunate for the Devils because they look very good from what I read and hear.

I think you meant to say IF there is a rematch between Dayton and Beechwood. Because Dayton still will have to beat Bellevue again to see Beechwood again. And well I am not a Bellevue fan at all, but I expect the game in the playoffs to be alot closer than this score...

Congrats to Dayton on the big win over my Alma Mater. Turnovers will kill you, short fields are beautiful. Both teams have been the recipients of winning games due to Turnovers so the rematch will have to be played to perfection.

As far as Beechwood, Dayton better bring the house because this aint the year Beechwood loses in Class A. That is just unfortunate for the Devils because they look very good from what I read and hear.

Im glad you atleast showed up, because alot of the other Bellevue faithful has seemed to stay away from this thread so far...:thumb:

I think you meant to say IF there is a rematch between Dayton and Beechwood. Because Dayton still will have to beat Bellevue again to see Beechwood again. And well I am not a Bellevue fan at all, but I expect the game in the playoffs to be alot closer than this score...

True they have to get through Bellvue again, but what makes you feel this way?

Bellevue fans maybe now you will get what I was talking about in the Ludlow Bellevue matchup, that all of you got on me about. It sucks when you have alot of turnovers that set up other teams touchdowns. Because you know that your team is better than what the score indicates... ;)

True they have to get through Bellvue again, but what makes you feel this way?

Well because it will be the playoffs, it is a rivalry game again, both teams have now seen each other. I know I have seen both teams play, and Dayton is not as much better than Bellevue as the score indicates. I mean I think Dayton will win again in the playoffs, however it will be alot closer of a game IMO...

Nice article in the paper

http://news.nky.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20071006/SPT030201/710060408/

True it will be the playoffs and the rivarly factor needs to be brought in but from what I seen last night Dayton is a superior team to Bellvue. Bellvue did have a lot of turnovers but Dayton had a few also, one when they were about to score on the 2 yard line or so and one at their own 10 (fumbled punt) that Bellvue was unable to capitalize on.

Dayton played a great game and Bellevue started the game strong but as we all know, turnovers will kill any team. No excuses here from Bellevue fans, the Tigers 6 turnovers and multiple penalties killed them. They'll have to play smarter ball in the playoff rematch

Congrats to Dayton and the rematch at Davis Field will be another great game