NY Mets...

RockPride

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mets aren't my favorite N.L. team (That is the Reds) but I do pull for them most of the time. I like them and certainly choose them over Atlanta and Philly.

Having said that , What a choke!! Unbelievable how this team let this happen. I wanted to see them in the playoffs but they deserved to lose out with the way that they flopped down te stretch.

On a side note the 2007 Mets are leading the 2004 Yankees on an ESPN Sports Nation of Greatest Sports Collapses. I really couldn't be happier for the two franchises as I wouldn't root for either if they were playing the Taliban.

Hey Joe, don't be so timid ad unsure about things :confused:. Just tell us how you really feel. :D:lol:

On a side note the 2007 Mets are leading the 2004 Yankees on an ESPN Sports Nation of Greatest Sports Collapses. I really couldn't be happier for the two franchises as I wouldn't root for either if they were playing the Taliban.

That's some funny stuff right there. I plan on using that quite frequently, if you don't mind...

Funny. There are only 2 teams that the Mets could play that I would cheer for them against: Yankees and Cubs.

On the other hand there is only one team that the Yanks could be playing that I would cheer for the Yanks: the Cubs

And of course Rockpride is AWOL after being presented indisputable facts that this was, of course the worst choke job in MLB history giving the games remaining. This follows Duke stinking this year, UL having a shutdown corner, although he said that after what, 145 games that the NY Mess got "exposed" they simply coughed up the title. But hey, at least you've still got Trinity---ohhhh sorry.

Where have I gone? Is this suddenly an attack on RockPride and his (not really a 3rd person kind of guy) character? Check this brother, in my life (which is really all I can go buy)......I have 4 state championship rings for football here in KY...I have seen Duke win 3 National Championships, the Mets win a World Series, Notre Dame win a championship....Louisville win a BCS game....believe me, I shy away from NOTHING, and this season has become one that I would like to embrace more than usual...do to personal relations..... :sssh:

BTW, I also have a great job, awesome wife, and 2 beautiful kids......the bashing of my favorite MLB team, is certainly not going to effect my KARMA.... :ylsuper:

Where have I gone? Is this suddenly an attack on RockPride and his (not really a 3rd person kind of guy) character? Check this brother, in my life (which is really all I can go buy)......I have 4 state championship rings for football here in KY...I have seen Duke win 3 National Championships, the Mets win a World Series, Notre Dame win a championship....Louisville win a BCS game....believe me, I shy away from NOTHING, and this season has become one that I would like to embrace more than usual...do to personal relations..... :sssh:

BTW, I also have a great job, awesome wife, and 2 beautiful kids......the bashing of my favorite MLB team, is certainly not going to effect my KARMA.... :ylsuper:

You were trying to say that it wasn't a collapse or a choke job, instead that the Mess "got exposed" we both know that wasn't the case.........Maybe you could have covered Moss tonight like you insinuated--maybe not, and I'm guessing you wouldn't have been able to touch him--you would have liked to and would have tried but you would have whiffed. But I played baseball, a bunch of baseball beyond high school and The. Mets. Choked. No excuses about a bullpen--the Phillies set up men where Jose Mesa and Antonio Alfonseca. Jose Reyes is a nice player but he hit .212 in September. This was a Gag Job right up there with the 2004 Yankees. I'm glad you have a great home life, I do too........That has nothing to do with the Mets swallowing their own tongues.