NY Mets...

RockPride

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have been a big letdown this year IMO. I really thought they had a legit chance to win it with the offense they have and speed up the middle. You never know what will happen if you get in the playoffs but I think their pitching will get them beat. It's hard not to like Wright, Reyes and even Beltran.

^ Their starting pitching was decent enough this year...but their relief is flat awful....which leads everyone to have doubt when they are coming in......now the bats are getting quiet....win 2/3 this weekend...and they should still get in...let's find out.

I am a huge Mets fan....I would like for them to make the playoffs...but 1) they don't really deserve it, as they are miserable right now, and their relief pitching is horrible, 2) they would likely get run in the Divisional round....
The good news is, if they can get in, the worst is probably behind them.

The losing streak, is at a bad time but better now, than in the upcoming division play. A couple of days off, will certainly help the pitching.

^ Yeah....at the Mets expense...the NATS are hot now...and have only to be the spoilers to play for...that's all I am clinging too....the biggest choke job is heading it's course right now...let's look at my sports squads as of 9/27....

Duke - lost in the second round of the NCAA (struggled this year)

Notre Dame - nothing needs to be said

Louisville - even less needs to be said

Mets - up 7 with 17 games left...now tied with 3 left...NICE

I am on top of the world right now, HUH?

^ Yeah....at the Mets expense...the NATS are hot now...and have only to be the spoilers to play for...that's all I am clinging too....the biggest choke job is heading it's course right now...let's look at my sports squads as of 9/27....

Luckily you have the Trinity trump card...

I mean, frontrunning with Duke, ND and Trinity you're bound to get at least one winner every year...;):lol:

You still have Trinity, and from what you've said before you would take a Trinity championship over any of the above winning.

Mets were up 7 games with 14 games left and as of right now

Mets are trailing Florida 7-3 in the bottom of the 5th inning.

Phillies are beating the Nationals 3-0 in the bottom of the 6th inning.

Could be 1 full game behind the Phillies and still 1 game behind in the Wildcard. with 2 games left.