Middlesboro vs Clay Co Predictions

kkmama255

Who do you think will win the game this Friday between Middlesboro and Clay Co.?

Game will be played at Clay Co...

Some rain this Wed, Thursday, is expected.

Mud or just a wet field?? Does Clay Co have a good field?

Middlesboro has only lost one game and that was by 1 point.

Probably a high scoring game. Neither team play great defense, but both teams have high-powered offenses. Middlesboro should win this one.

I think the Jackets will pull this one out. M'boro appears to be better on defense this year. If the Tiger's passing attack is as advertised, this should be a good test for the Jackets.

I will take Clay since no one else is...I think that Clay Co. has a pretty good football team in Manchester. I don't know what to think about Middlesboro after they were beat by Lee, VA even knowing that Lee is much improved this year. But i will take Clay and Zach Lewis to beat the Jackets.

IMO Middlesboro has a really good defense ,Our defense did what Bell County couldn't do and that was shut out Knox Central!

HaHa. Bell and the Middlesboro needs to play so this type of stuff will stop. :sssh::sssh:

The yellowjacket program as I stated in the other thread is slipping down hill fast. I look for Clay to win in a pretty comfortable margin. I watched North Laurel's JV kick M'boro pretty good. IMO the days of just running the athlete's on the field are over for Roark, let's see what happens when he has to coach. M'boro has a proud tradition in the state and needs to make some changes soon.

IMO Middlesboro has a really good defense ,Our defense did what Bell County couldn't do and that was shut out Knox Central!

When will the folks in Middlesboro realize that there defense is the problem. Over the last 9 years it has been one of the worst in the region. Just do the math......

Rank in the region........

Year Pts allowed Rank in region

1999 396 14 of 15

2000 189 2 of 12

2001 218 4 of 16

2002 254 8 of 14

2003 192 4 of 13

2004 338 8 of 13

2005 321 9 of 12

2006 259 6 of 12

99-06 2168 points 272 adverage per/year 21.3 per/game

Compared to ........

Belfry......1624 pts 203 per/year 15 pts/game

Breathitt..1814 pts 227 per/year 18 pts/game

Corbin......2005 pts 251 per/year 18.9 pts/game

Your defense philosophy man to man / all out gap, 9 in the box, is very unsound and gives up way to many big plays and points. Make no mistake about it, your offense has bailed them out more than a few times. If not for such a strong offensive this team may be below .500

So when everyone talks about your defense please don't think that it is sound or even very good. It was just different, and it is not even that now. Coaches and programs have figured it out.

My math may be alittle off and stats came from KHSAA web page.

With the loss of N. P. off cordinator a couple years ago and quality assistant this year, the offense has not been putting up as many pts. Things don't look good in the future.