Pulaski County 23 Mercer County 22

KYSPORTSFAN

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Coach Hines and PC. The Defense must be improving.

I am glad that the kids and staff have decided to finish out the season. After reading the local paper I was under the impression that they would pack it up after their "super bowl" :rolleyes: victory in the opening week.

What happened to mercer this time? Those fans must be livid.

I don't know if 'livid' is the right word, but definitely frustrated!! Give credit to PC, they played a hard fought game. I think Mercer perhaps has a QB that needs a little more time to learn when to pitch on the option vs. keeping it himself for the run... and he doesn't seem to see the open field when receivers are open. They're playing hard, no doubt about that. The running game is fairly good, but no consistency with using players who can gain yardage on a consistent basis. I think lots of folks are grasping for answers.

I don't know if 'livid' is the right word, but definitely frustrated!! Give credit to PC, they played a hard fought game. I think Mercer perhaps has a QB that needs a little more time to learn when to pitch on the option vs. keeping it himself for the run... and he doesn't seem to see the open field when receivers are open. They're playing hard, no doubt about that. The running game is fairly good, but no consistency with using players who can gain yardage on a consistent basis. I think lots of folks are grasping for answers.

Bottom line is this. Mercer has had three games come down to the wire against 3 very good teams, Mercer pulled one of those out and Mercer is 2 plays and 6 points from being 4-0, instead of 2-2 (actually more, but I know how some of you "fans" like to point fingers at particular individuals, so that's why I'm saying 2 plays...so that some of you can relate). If the other last minute or so of the past two games, everybody who is being negative is singing praises.

Personally, I don't get it. Truth be told, I don't ever want to understand it. These boys are going to be fine.:thumb:

First of all...what a great game. I was impressed with Pulaski and thought they played extremely hard. Good athletes.

Mercer's QB played one heck of a game tonite. I thought Pulaski did a good job of pressuring him into hurried decisions, however, he kept us in the game most of the nite. I was impressed with his play. As he becomes seasoned, he is really going to be something.

Great Game!! Fun one to watch. Titans will be a handful in the playoffs, I firmly believe that. Gonna be a good year.

Mercer lead 22-15 at half. PC scored w/ 1:32 to go in the game, & Chris Muse ran in the 2pt conversion to win it for PC. Mercer was held to 34 yards total offense in the 2nd half. Not bad for a PC team that has a "horrible defense", as stated by some other people on this board. Mercer was absolutely HUGE up front, but looked to be tired at the end. PC's D line controlled the line of scrimmage as the 4th Qtr wore on. Great job Maroons!! Keep that hunger, let's get ready for S. Laurel.