Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

#1 USC at #14 Nebraska Predictions

Who Will Prevail? 39 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Will Prevail?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

My heart says Nebraska, but i wouldn't bet on it.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think USC does have some big time receivers...they just haven't got to play until this year (and some of them are freshmen) so we haven't heard of them. So, just because you haven't heard of them yet, doesn't mean they aren't there.

 

Fred Davis at TE and Patrick Turner at WR are probably their most well known and established pass catchers. Both were 5-star receiver prospects coming out of high school...Davis actually had a faster 40 time than Turner coming into college. Turner is a prototype USC receiver at 6'5" and 220 pounds.

 

WR - Vidal Hazelton, 6'3", 210 lb, Soph - 5-star recruit

WR - Ronald Johnson, 6'1", 190 lb, Fr - 5-star recruit

WR - David Ausberry, 6'4", 225 lb, Fr - 4-star recruit

WR - Brandon Carswell, 6'2", 175 lb, Fr - 4-star recruit

WR - Travon Patterson, 5'10", 175 lb, Soph - 3-star recruit, 4.4 40 yard dash coming out of high school

 

Not to mention the stable of running backs they have. With all the pieces, RB, O-line, QB and TE...I guarantee you that Booty finds a go to guy and a few good, if not great, receiving options from what he's got to choose from.

 

Nebraska is catching them at the best time though, before they develop a good chemistry on offense. I still don't think they have enough to compete in this game. I don't think Nebraska will be able to mount much offense or sustain drives. I don't expect them to score much. They can probably slow the Trojan offense to some degree, but over the course of the game, USC will hit a few plays and put some points up. I expect Nebraskas defense to wear down as the game progresses because its offense won't be able to keep them off the field.

 

30-13

 

I know what kind of receivers they have and they have some good ones but they are inexperienced and most have not played in big games and good competition yet. You can praise them all you want for what star ranking they had in high school, but they havent proved anything in college yet. Right now they are all potential with the exception of Turner.

I think USC has too many horses. Nebraska has come back from a few years ago, but in the end USC by 20 or more.

  • Author
I think USC does have some big time receivers...they just haven't got to play until this year (and some of them are freshmen) so we haven't heard of them. So, just because you haven't heard of them yet, doesn't mean they aren't there.

 

Fred Davis at TE and Patrick Turner at WR are probably their most well known and established pass catchers. Both were 5-star receiver prospects coming out of high school...Davis actually had a faster 40 time than Turner coming into college. Turner is a prototype USC receiver at 6'5" and 220 pounds.

 

WR - Vidal Hazelton, 6'3", 210 lb, Soph - 5-star recruit

WR - Ronald Johnson, 6'1", 190 lb, Fr - 5-star recruit

WR - David Ausberry, 6'4", 225 lb, Fr - 4-star recruit

WR - Brandon Carswell, 6'2", 175 lb, Fr - 4-star recruit

WR - Travon Patterson, 5'10", 175 lb, Soph - 3-star recruit, 4.4 40 yard dash coming out of high school

 

Not to mention the stable of running backs they have. With all the pieces, RB, O-line, QB and TE...I guarantee you that Booty finds a go to guy and a few good, if not great, receiving options from what he's got to choose from.

 

Nebraska is catching them at the best time though, before they develop a good chemistry on offense. I still don't think they have enough to compete in this game. I don't think Nebraska will be able to mount much offense or sustain drives. I don't expect them to score much. They can probably slow the Trojan offense to some degree, but over the course of the game, USC will hit a few plays and put some points up. I expect Nebraskas defense to wear down as the game progresses because its offense won't be able to keep them off the field.

 

30-13

 

Ausberry caught 4-5 passes in the Idaho win and looked very good. Hazelton I think will be a star, too, but I agree with NHS Big Daddy that it will take a few games for the chemistry with Booty to arrive.

 

I think the Trojans will stay on the ground to a large extent in this one.

As much as I want to see the Huskers win this one I will say USC 17-7.

Imo it will be USC's defense that wins this one.

Can NU score 17 against SC?

USC 42 Nebraska 17

 

Absolutely, positively, no chance of this happening.

 

AJG, come on my man. No chance the 'Huskers get rolled up in Lincoln.

 

Folks are putting WAY too much emphasis on the Wake game when it was easy to see the potential for the look-ahead. Let's not forget, that Wake team is pretty good and NU won in their place with an admittedly lackluster effort.

Absolutely, positively, no chance of this happening.

 

AJG, come on my man. No chance the 'Huskers get rolled up in Lincoln.

 

Folks are putting WAY too much emphasis on the Wake game when it was easy to see the potential for the look-ahead. Let's not forget, that Wake team is pretty good and NU won in their place with an admittedly lackluster effort.

 

I don't think you can win big time games without a solid QB.....That's my reason for Nebraska getting hammered.

I can only go by what I have seen thus far....Nebraska will play inspired early...but their offense will sputter in the second half, leaving the blackshirts on the field far too long.....21-17 USC at the half......45 - 24 USC at the end.

I can only go by what I have seen thus far....Nebraska will play inspired early...but their offense will sputter in the second half, leaving the blackshirts on the field far too long.....21-17 USC at the half......45 - 24 USC at the end.

 

That's about what I figure, although I don't expect the score to get that high. I think Nebraska's defense will hold up pretty good until they get tired. I don't expect them to mount much offense at all against USC.

Ausberry caught 4-5 passes in the Idaho win and looked very good. Hazelton I think will be a star, too, but I agree with NHS Big Daddy that it will take a few games for the chemistry with Booty to arrive.

 

I think the Trojans will stay on the ground to a large extent in this one.

 

They have about 8 stud recruits at RB even with Moody's departure. Can you blame them? :lol:

I know what kind of receivers they have and they have some good ones but they are inexperienced and most have not played in big games and good competition yet. You can praise them all you want for what star ranking they had in high school, but they havent proved anything in college yet. Right now they are all potential with the exception of Turner.

 

We'll see, I reckon. In any case, USC should easily have enough to beat Nebraska whether the new WR's make a big impact or not. I'm just saying, it wouldn't be wise to overlook what they have at that position just because they've been sitting behind Jarrett and Smith.

I believe USC will win, but I would not be shocked to see Nebraska pull off the upset. If they are going to do that I believe they need to jump on USC early to do so though.

 

USC 31

Nebraska 24

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.