Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

#1 USC at #14 Nebraska Predictions

Who Will Prevail? 39 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Will Prevail?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I believe USC will win, but I would not be shocked to see Nebraska pull off the upset. If they are going to do that I believe they need to jump on USC early to do so though.

 

USC 31

Nebraska 24

 

:thumb:

 

They'll have to force some TO's with their defense and either convert them directly into points, or make it really easy on the offense to do so...and maybe hit a big play on offense...if they can do that and get out to a lead, it should allow them to control the clock a little better and keep their defense fresher. If they can't get out to a fast start and allow USC to get the lead, I really think USC will wear them down by keeping their defense on the field too much. It's not out of the realm of possibility with all the young players USC plays...they could make some mistakes. I just think they have enough veterans to depend on to prevent that (Booty, Washington, Davis, Turner and a solid, experienced line). If Nebraska can't get good field position with TO's or special teams, I don't think they can sustain long drives and score on SC.

 

From what I witnessed vs. Wake Forest, it seems more likely that USC's great defense will force Nebraska into mistakes and bury the Huskers.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

USC 31-17. Go Trojans!!!

I think USC will win this game without too much of a scare but on the other hand I really wouldn't be too surprised if Nebraska pulled the upset. I think USC has too much speed and depth for the Huskers to overcome.

I dont see why everyone is predicting USC will put up a bunch of points. They had a better offense last year and were playing at home and only put up 28. Now you got an offense that doesnt have near the experience they had last year and they have to travel to NU. Dont under estimate the homefield advantage, Memorial is one of the toughest places to play in the nation. No way no how this is the blowout some are predicting.

^ Heck...the blackshirts gave up 17 to the most benign offense in the ACC last week...USC will score 35+

^ Heck...the blackshirts gave up 17 to the most benign offense in the ACC last week...USC will score 35+

 

I'll be sure to remember this.

While USC should win this game going away, I think Lincoln will be rocking like it hasn't in the last 20 years. I'm picking the Huskers in the upset 27-21. Go corn pickers!!!!!

I dont see why everyone is predicting USC will put up a bunch of points. They had a better offense last year and were playing at home and only put up 28. Now you got an offense that doesnt have near the experience they had last year and they have to travel to NU. Dont under estimate the homefield advantage, Memorial is one of the toughest places to play in the nation. No way no how this is the blowout some are predicting.

 

Well, if Callahan comes out with the same game plan (i.e., try to keep the score respectable), then I'm inclined to agree with you.

 

However, I expect he'll actually try to win the game this year, meaning it will open up more opportunities for USC. In any case, I said 30-13, so I figure they'll score about the same as last year.

 

If this were the Nebraska of the mid 90's, then I'd be worried...as it is, they've done little more than prove they're on the way back up. They haven't proven they're ready to step back onto the big stage and beat teams like USC, and until they do, I'll remain skeptical. Saturday is their first big chance to earn that respect again. I just don't think they have the horses to do it.

Well, if Callahan comes out with the same game plan (i.e., try to keep the score respectable), then I'm inclined to agree with you.

 

However, I expect he'll actually try to win the game this year, meaning it will open up more opportunities for USC. In any case, I said 30-13, so I figure they'll score about the same as last year.

 

If this were the Nebraska of the mid 90's, then I'd be worried...as it is, they've done little more than prove they're on the way back up. They haven't proven they're ready to step back onto the big stage and beat teams like USC, and until they do, I'll remain skeptical. Saturday is their first big chance to earn that respect again. I just don't think they have the horses to do it.

 

This i can live with, you make some very valid points that I agree with you on.

Notable injuries for SC:

DB Josh Pinkard is done for the season (Trojans Best DB)

LB Brian Cushing has not practiced and will not practice any according to Pete Carroll. They are going to sit him out til gameday to see how he feels, PC says if he feels good enough to play then he will play.

 

USC starting center is out and will be replaced by true freshman Kristofer O'Dowd.

 

Bill Callahan says everyone on the NU roster will be available for the game.

 

This is the first time since 1978 that a number 1 ranked team has come to Lincoln. Nebraska beat #1 Oklahoma in 78.

 

College Gameday will be in Lincoln tomorrow. Nebraska is 5-0 when gameday has come to Nebraska.

This i can live with, you make some very valid points that I agree with you on.

 

I actually like Nebraska and hope to see them return to the elite class as soon as possible....after Saturday night, of course. :D

 

I think Callahan's doing a good job recruiting and will have them back in the hunt within the next 2 or 3 years. I view them kinda like Weis and ND, although they're obviously in better shape this year. I just think both teams are still a year or two away from really reaping the rewards because that's when these good recruiting classes should be mature upper classmen. As of now, I don't think they have quite enough talent to beat USC on any field.

 

I wouldn't be in a state of shock if Nebraska pulled the upset, but I certainly don't expect it. If Appalachian State can go into the big house and beat #5 Michigan, then Nebraska sure has a shot against anyone on their home field. :D

This game will be a rout. USC has way to much talent.

 

USC 52

Nebraska 14

  • Author

Cushing being out hurts SC's defense. Ditto the center, that is an interesting injury. I don't think the loss of Pinkard will hurt.

 

The key for Nebraska is going to be keeping Jackson and Ellis out of the backfield. If they do that, I think they've got a shot.

This game will be a rout. USC has way to much talent.

 

USC 52

Nebraska 14

 

Oh my. If USC hangs 52 on Nebraska in Lincoln I'll sport a "I love Green Dandy" avatar for the rest of football season. :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.