Frankfort High Panthers vs. Franklin County Flyers

Tru B 33

Who wins?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

We all know coach Thacker got the FHS program headed in the right direction when he was there. FHS hadn't been to a playoff game for I don't know how long and made it there in his first year. As I have said on here before Thacker got it headed in the right dierection and Foley has taken it to the next level. I do remember one year since going to County he was on the sideline as he had the kicker kick to where he was standing, don't know where he picked that up. If you study film most teams have tendicies, and run certain things out of certain sets. Probably has more to do with that than having coached at FHS before.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean it's pretty Obvious when the offensive coordinator(FHS)... now was the offensive coordinator when the flyers assistant coach now...was the head coach of FHS couple years back.

I sure hope they are different plays. Thacker all but put the football program at FHS under in his tenure there. Nice to see the blame for any FHS loss still lies on him!!!!

Never did I blame Thacker... I am just saying he has FHS's number when it comes to knowing there plays... or maybe the FHS Offensive coordinator.:lol:

I don't see any way that Franklin County can stop Frankfort High's speed in this one. Frankfort is one of the top two-three teams in its class and Franklin County looks to have a team that has some decent players but if those players were playing at Frankfort High they would be playing behind most of the Panther starters on both sides of the ball. This one may not even be close!!

I suspect you will be eating crowe come Saturday morning. I don't see either side blowing the other out. When 2 teams are use to winning (in which these 2 are) the kids will battle until the final bell. Frankfort will need to score early in this one and Franklin County will need to keep it close early. The 4th quarter has always gone to county in this rivalry because of depth. With that being said, Thompson must play well early and keep from turning the ball over. Also, FC cannot afford to give up big plays on special teams.

Lastly, don't forget that FC has played against Waggener and Lafayette. Both of those teams are as fast as Frankfort. While Frankfort has played 2 cupcakes so far.

We all know coach Thacker got the FHS program headed in the right direction when he was there. FHS hadn't been to a playoff game for I don't know how long and made it there in his first year. As I have said on here before Thacker got it headed in the right dierection and Foley has taken it to the next level. I do remember one year since going to County he was on the sideline as he had the kicker kick to where he was standing, don't know where he picked that up. If you study film most teams have tendicies, and run certain things out of certain sets. Probably has more to do with that than having coached at FHS before.

Agreed:thumb:

Some factors that we could see be the key role in the success of either the Flyers or Panthers.

Panthers Winning

1. Playing their cards right. All players make as little mistakes as possible. Fields and Morgan have a successfull night running the ball.

2. Panther's stay humble. When they see an advantage on the field take it, once again be mistake free.

3. Some young players step up. If K. Metcalf, Weaver, Tillman, Mason step up Friday night and make some big plays Panthers will walk out with the W.

4. Leadership. I think at the QB position, Fields holds a lot of leadership over Thompson, don't get me wrong he's a heck of a ball player also, but if Fields wants to win, I've seen it in the past, Panthers will win.

Flyers Winning

1. They've been here before. Big games, they know how to handle them. Players that you've never even heard of before, will make plays .

2. Offensive Line / Defensive Line takes control of the game. Giving T. Metcalf the go ahead to do what he does best and that's run the ball.

3. County knows how to pick on players. If they see a weakness at the corner position, saftey, linebacker where ever it may be, they will pick on you and ware you out the whole night.

4. Passing Game. Panther's haven't played a real good team that can pass the ball like County. County will air it out and make the Speed of the Panther's work all night long, waring them down and crushing them.

Good Luck to both teams, and Friday night we will see who wants it more

I do remember one year since going to County he was on the sideline as he had the kicker kick to where he was standing, don't know where he picked that up.

He's always done that.

Was on the sideline for a County game either last year or the year before last and he had County's kicker do that. The ball landed two feet from Thacker and he looks at me and says "How bout that? These kids can listen after all."

3. Some young players step up. If K. Metcalf, Weaver, Tillman, Mason step up Friday night and make some big plays Panthers will walk out with the W.

Quan Weaver is a beast. That is all.

4. Leadership. I think at the QB position, Fields holds a lot of leadership over Thompson, don't get me wrong he's a heck of a ball player also, but if Fields wants to win, I've seen it in the past, Panthers will win.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but it sounds like you're saying he didn't want to win that game against Danville in the playoffs last year...

1. They've been here before. Big games, they know how to handle them. Players that you've never even heard of before, will make plays .

Has the QB played in a big game before? I know several of the skill players have, but I'm pretty certain he's about the only one who hasn't.

Quan Weaver is a beast. That is all.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but it sounds like you're saying he didn't want to win that game against Danville in the playoffs last year...

Has the QB played in a big game before? I know several of the skill players have, but I'm pretty certain he's about the only one who hasn't.

1. Well, why would someone want to lose a playoff game? I'm just saying in general, what happened against the Admirals in the playoffs was just what we'd call, "something we'd like to forget about."

2. If you're refurring to Thompson, to my knowledge, his biggest game would have been against Lafayette a 6A school.:sleep: but don't sleep on him.

1. Well, why would someone want to lose a playoff game? I'm just saying in general, what happened against the Admirals in the playoffs was just what we'd call, "something we'd like to forget about."

2. If you're refurring to Thompson, to my knowledge, his biggest game would have been against Lafayette a 6A school.:sleep: but don't sleep on him.

Trust me, Tru B, I was there for that game against Danville. But like I said, I was just playing devil's advocate.

I haven't seen Thompson or Jarboe play, and don't really know all that much about either except they battled for the honor of backing up Kaelin all those years.

Trust me, Tru B, I was there for that game against Danville. But like I said, I was just playing devil's advocate.

I haven't seen Thompson or Jarboe play, and don't really know all that much about either except they battled for the honor of backing up Kaelin all those years.

Haha alright that's understandable.

And with Thompson, he is a sophomore, 1 year of experience under Ammons.

Eric Jarboe is a senior, and starts at corner not quarterback.:confused: