St Xavier/Male Predictions

H

Who wins the 90th edition of the St X/Male rivalry?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 90th edition of the St X/Male rivalry?

• Saint Xavier
    • Male High

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that this will be a good game, but usually Males Athletes are conditioned pretty well and they havent played much in their games either I am sure, so I would bet they still have fresh legs...

Male is not ususally conditioned well this early in the season...that is a fact.

Male is not ususally conditioned well this early in the season...that is a fact.

I was thinking of commenting about that myself... I've heard from numerous sources that Male's conditioning pales to most other schools. Male just has pure athletes usually.

I was thinking of commenting about that myself... I've heard from numerous sources that Male's conditioning pales to most other schools. Male just has pure athletes usually.

I really hope Male loses this game, but fact of the matter is... THEY WONT!

Though, an X win, and a physical game might soften them up for my dear ole' RAMS!

:flame: X, MALE, TRINITY

I agree that this will be a good game, but usually Males Athletes are conditioned pretty well and they havent played much in their games either I am sure, so I would bet they still have fresh legs... I will give u a classic example... Boyle Cty brought like 26 kids to a freshman game against 100+ trinity players and boyle cty still won.... its not about numbers its about who the heck you have and I would say that Male would win... thats just me now....

Thanks for the welcome earlier...

:fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa

Ahh, the Boyle vs. Trinity freshmen game was quite different than a varsity game. They played 8 min. quarters! Varsity is 12 minute quarters. Also, Trinity's freshmen didn't dress 100 plus players, they had 68 suited up. The Rocks had at least two of their lineman going both ways. Boyle had a stud running back, Lamar Dawson, that Trinity just couldn't tackle. Sorry, but there is no correlation between what Boyle's freshmen did to Trinity and what Male hopes to do against X.

Ballard should beat X, Manual kills Ballard, Manual barely beats Central, Male thrashes Central. Yes, all you guys are right St X wins big. Don't think so. Male owns X lately, Male by 13.

Round robins are fun to toy with, but barely relevent. Personally, I don't really CARE who wins, so long as the score is close (which is probably will be). But I stand by my previous prediction.

First off...Hello everyone. Glad to be apart of the BGP community. 'Biotech' let me know about this board and it is certainly entertaining.

Secondly, I question how many folks here are actually making educated predictions on this game. Why? Because people are assuming that X is the X teams of old and MALE is a traditional MALE team...but that is NOT the case.

X has almost no passing game, Glaser said so himself. I expect X to shove the ball at MALE as they always do. Deuce will be the main weapon for the Tigers and maybe some short passing, but not much downfield. MALE has an exceptional defense this year with really good corners as well as the best run D I have seen BRedmon put together in a while. MALE absolutely stuffs the middle so Deuce will have to run some sweeps to get any big plays.

That being said, MALE has no deep passing threat at all this year. Anything past 10 yards will either be intercepted or incomplete by many yards. However, MALE's running game is far and away the best option MALE has in winning FB games. Justin Green is getting visably better every game, Dejuan Hobbs is back and the line is blocking very, very well. I expect this to be a real smash mouth FB game the likes we have never seen between these two schools.

Who's defense will win out? Who's running game will be best? I don't know, but I will say this...it's possible that Deuce is held to less than 100 yards.

7-10 point game either way is my guess.

First off...Hello everyone. Glad to be apart of the BGP community. 'Biotech' let me know about this board and it is certainly entertaining.

Secondly, I question how many folks here are actually making educated predictions on this game. Why? Because people are assuming that X is the X teams of old and MALE is a traditional MALE team...but that is NOT the case.

X has almost no passing game, Glaser said so himself. I expect X to shove the ball at MALE as they always do. Deuce will be the main weapon for the Tigers and maybe some short passing, but not much downfield. MALE has an exceptional defense this year with really good corners as well as the best run D I have seen BRedmon put together in a while. MALE absolutely stuffs the middle so Deuce will have to run some sweeps to get any big plays.

That being said, MALE has no deep passing threat at all this year. Anything past 10 yards will either be intercepted or incomplete by many yards. However, MALE's running game is far and away the best option MALE has in winning FB games. Justin Green is getting visably better every game, Dejuan Hobbs is back and the line is blocking very, very well. I expect this to be a real smash mouth FB game the likes we have never seen between these two schools.

Who's defense will win out? Who's running game will be best? I don't know, but I will say this...it's possible that Deuce is held to less than 100 yards.

Don't believe everything Coach Glaser says prior to playing anyone.

St. Xavier is better than they were last year. I have not seen Male play this year in person.

My prediction, St. Xavier wins by 21.

TKE, Welcome to BGP. I'm certain you'll find hours of entertainment enjoyment here.

I am really curious, just exactly when, where and how did you get Coach Glaser to make this kind of statement? For those of us who are pretty close to the program, he usually keeps a tight lip on this kind of thing. Getting him to say anything that would lead you in any realistic direction about one of his teams is hard. I just want to know how you did it?