St Xavier/Male Predictions

H

Who wins the 90th edition of the St X/Male rivalry?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 90th edition of the St X/Male rivalry?

• Saint Xavier
    • Male High

I haven't seen St X play this year. I have seen Male twice (Fairdale and Central). Male has a very good running game and still runs their bread and butter screen play very well. True, they lost Douglas Beaumont, but they have Justin Green this year who sat out all last season. Mr. Green is quite fast (he scored 5 TDs against Central). The Male defense is also pretty good this year, maybe as good or better than last year's team (although again, no Beaumont).

I think it will be an interesting game, dominated by the running games and defenses. I'll predict 24-17 (no idea who'll win).

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a traditional St. X vs. Male game. Male always has several athletes that are as good as any in the state, and that is true this year, but St. X manages to wear Male out with the number of athletes it has on its' roster. The St. X offense will settle for a “3 and out”, “3 and out”, “breakaway” for a score all night long. This type of play will eventually catch up to Male and St. X will pull out a victory in the 2nd half.

I am anxious to see Heyman against the St. X defense. My understanding is that he has been playing running back and is looking very good. Personally I believe he is better suited as an “H” back type player where he can use his size and speed more out in the open.

Male has put up some impressive offensive numbers so far this year but so has Lex Cath, until last week. St. X by 2 TDs.

Justin is a heck of an athlete and he literally gets better every week. His RB skills seem to be improving the most and his cover DB skills seem to already be very good. THat may be because he is so much faster than most people he covers.

DBeaumont was a football player that happened to be a great athlete. DB was special in the sense he was so 'football intelligent'….not that Jgreen isn't, but not many are at DB's level.

X is better this year, Male is not. Should be a good game, and an overtime would not surprise me. How about X - 29 M -26.

Well yes, BUT considering the score the last time these two played was 37-7 in favor of Male, I would say the Bulldogs had quite a bit of margin to give. :lol:

But they do have Justin Green, a young man I haven't seen play since pewee days...I was wondering how Male fans view Justin's speed and skill on both sides of the ball compared to Mr. Beaumont.

Green is a heck of a good running back, and looks faster than Douglas (or anyone else on the field for that matter). Is he a better football player? No, but Beaumont was comparable to Michael Bush in terms of versatility and his ability to take over a game. Beaumont would carry two or three would-be tacklers another couple of yards and was in on nearly every tackle on the defensive side of the ball. Justin Green will get a test this Friday for sure.