Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Danville 21 Boyle Co 14

Featured Replies

  • Replies 56
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Ads.

So no one is going to say anything about the fact that Boyle's receivers couldn't catch a cold tonight? Seriously, I understand that all the boys work hard for Friday nights. I understand it is a huge rivalry and all the bragging rights that come with it, but come on, in the 4th quarter, time after time, Bryce Perry put the ball into the receivers hands and the receivers didn't catch the ball. That's what I saw. I saw Christian drop a catch after he got past the corner and the safety. He made a great move to get to open field and dropped the ball. I watched Auhmiller drop pass after pass when the ball was hitting his hands. I come from the school of "if the ball hits your hands you should catch it" and I guarantee Boyle's receivers dropped at least 7 balls that should have been caught that would have been first downs or momentum shifters. Don't get me wrong, Danville's defense had tremendous pressure on Perry, but his passes were hitting the receivers in the hands and they let him down. To me, that was the story of the game. After all the work Perry had to do to stay on his feet and make a throw, it was his receivers who failed to pick him up. I'd love to watch this game again on film. I'm not trying to take anything away from Danville, they came, fought, and played hard. Their tailback(#4) Simon, I think, gave a clinic tonight on why you keep your legs moving. Incredible touchdown run. Danville did everything they had to do to win and that is commendable, but Boyle County's receivers, or lack of, imo, was the story of the night.

 

Granted Boyles wide outs dropped passes. But what about the turnovers by Danville. Had they not turned it over Boyle really didn't do much to stop them. I think really both sides played hard but sloppy! Danville did make some hits on the wide outs that could have attributed to the drops! Great job ADS keep it going!

My congratulations to Danville on the win, nice game. There has been already enough said about the game, so just wait till next year my beloved Danville friends and good luck and wish you the guys the best.:thumb:

Great job secondary! I am just blown away by how well they played overall....only 3 real starters back on defense too???? As the season progresses, I look for that defense to be unreal!!!!!!

Could the Boyle faithful tell me how Cameron Finchum did and how he has done so far this year?

Could the Boyle faithful tell me how Cameron Finchum did and how he has done so far this year?

 

Cameron is in High Point, NC and not a member of Boyle's team this year. The Rebels really miss him.

What is the alltime record between these schools anyone?

 

After Friday's game, Danville leads the series 31-12-1.

After Friday's game, Danville leads the series 31-12-1.

 

 

Not that it matters much but I'm pretty sure Boyle has at least 13 wins in the series. :lol:

 

As best i can tell:

 

'66, (I think John Buchanan had a win vs. them once), '75, '77,'79,'96,'97,'99,'00,'01,'03,'04,'05)

 

Wish someone would do the Advocate Messenger research to be sure.

Not that it matters much but I'm pretty sure Boyle has at least 13 wins in the series. :lol:

 

As best i can tell:

 

'66, (I think John Buchanan had a win vs. them once), '75, '77,'79,'96,'97,'99,'00,'01,'03,'04,'05)

 

Wish someone would do the Advocate Messenger research to be sure.

 

1969 Boyle County 8, Danville 6. Blocked a punt in the end zone for the win.

Not that it matters much but I'm pretty sure Boyle has at least 13 wins in the series. :lol:

 

As best i can tell:

 

'66, (I think John Buchanan had a win vs. them once), '75, '77,'79,'96,'97,'99,'00,'01,'03,'04,'05)

 

Wish someone would do the Advocate Messenger research to be sure.

 

I looked at Thursday's Advocate-Messenger and counted Boyle's wins over Danville. You were right, Boyle won 13 times against Danville, not 12 like the paper said.

1969 Boyle County 8, Danville 6. Blocked a punt in the end zone for the win.

 

 

I knew that you would know if anyone would. :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.