Danville 21 Boyle Co 14

Admiral

What a game!!!! The is one of the best defensive performances I've seen in a long long time from the Ads. The coverage in the secondary was very good most of the night. If someone were to tell me the Ads would turn the ball over 6 or 7 times and still beat Boyle County, I would have thought them to be crazy. Danville only used 4 players to rush the passer most of the night and the D line did a very effective job of making Boyle's qb move around. The Ads did blitz on occasion and did it with some success.

Boyle also had a solid game defensively. I thought Perry threw some very good passes tonight, however I counted at least 8 drops by the Boyle receivers. There were probably more.

#4 Simon had some great runs, same for #5 Johnson.

Macon had a great game defensively but was MIA in the offensive scheme. It's hard to believe they can't come up with a couple of set plays to get the ball to him more. Oh well, the season has a long way to go.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game Ads, #5 Johnson and #4 Simon showed us the high school version of thunder and lighting must cut down on the int's if we want to go to Louisville.

The defense was great Coach Perry on the D good and was sticking. Also great game by # 2 Alcorn, a man among boys!

So no one is going to say anything about the fact that Boyle's receivers couldn't catch a cold tonight? Seriously, I understand that all the boys work hard for Friday nights. I understand it is a huge rivalry and all the bragging rights that come with it, but come on, in the 4th quarter, time after time, Bryce Perry put the ball into the receivers hands and the receivers didn't catch the ball. That's what I saw. I saw Christian drop a catch after he got past the corner and the safety. He made a great move to get to open field and dropped the ball. I watched Auhmiller drop pass after pass when the ball was hitting his hands. I come from the school of "if the ball hits your hands you should catch it" and I guarantee Boyle's receivers dropped at least 7 balls that should have been caught that would have been first downs or momentum shifters. Don't get me wrong, Danville's defense had tremendous pressure on Perry, but his passes were hitting the receivers in the hands and they let him down. To me, that was the story of the game. After all the work Perry had to do to stay on his feet and make a throw, it was his receivers who failed to pick him up. I'd love to watch this game again on film. I'm not trying to take anything away from Danville, they came, fought, and played hard. Their tailback(#4) Simon, I think, gave a clinic tonight on why you keep your legs moving. Incredible touchdown run. Danville did everything they had to do to win and that is commendable, but Boyle County's receivers, or lack of, imo, was the story of the night.

So no one is going to say anything about the fact that Boyle's receivers couldn't catch a cold tonight? Seriously, I understand that all the boys work hard for Friday nights. I understand it is a huge rivalry and all the bragging rights that come with it, but come on, in the 4th quarter, time after time, Bryce Perry put the ball into the receivers hands and the receivers didn't catch the ball. That's what I saw. I saw Christian drop a catch after he got past the corner and the safety. He made a great move to get to open field and dropped the ball. I watched Auhmiller drop pass after pass when the ball was hitting his hands. I come from the school of "if the ball hits your hands you should catch it" and I guarantee Boyle's receivers dropped at least 7 balls that should have been caught that would have been first downs or momentum shifters. Don't get me wrong, Danville's defense had tremendous pressure on Perry, but his passes were hitting the receivers in the hands and they let him down. To me, that was the story of the game. After all the work Perry had t o do to stay on his feet and make a throw, it was his receivers who failed to pick him up. I'd love to watch this game again on film. I'm not trying to take anything away from Danville, they came fought and played hard. Their tailback(#4) Simon, I think, gave a clinic tonight on why you keep your legs moving. Incredible touchdown run. Danville did everything they had to do to win and that is commendable, but Boyle County's receivers, or lack of, imo, was the story of the night.

Boyle also had a solid game defensively. I thought Perry threw some very good passes tonight, however I counted at least 8 drops by the Boyle receivers. There were probably more.

Read Post 16 about the Dropped Passes.:thumb:

Also if you want to rewatch the game it should be replayed On cable chanel 6 monday night at 7.I think...