Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 52 Holmes 14

Featured Replies

Is there a high school record for giving up the most kick returns in a season? If so, Holmes is well on their way.
I played for Ludlow in 1975, and I think our special teams may have given up more touchdowns than our defense did.
  • Replies 41
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Holmes played a good ball game. They stopped the Birds on occassion. Scored the 1st TD of the game. Scored again later. There was no quit in the Bulldogs. They played with as much desire and intensity on the last play as they did on the 1st. I think that if coach Lickert can get some more kids to come out, Holmes could be dangerous in the future. Good job Bulldogs and good luck the rest of the way.

If you would have seen the difference between Cecil and Tony during the Ryle game, you'd understand. Cecil is at a whole other level than Tony, IMO. Cecil is a dual threat QB at its finest. You never know if he is going to run or pass and he will beat you in one way or another. Tony has not fully developed his skills yet, but will be more than prepared for next season. But as of this season, Cecil is the man. As a die-hard Highlands football fan/state champ, I am getting tired of people (especially the paper last week) starting up a big stink about the QB's again (especially since Tony only completed one pass and there was a huge article on the front page), this is the last thing the team needs to be distracted about. I am glad Tony is there to give Cecil a breather since he is playing defense now, it will really help the team out. But watch them on the field, there is no debate.

 

I saw the Ryle game and saw where the O shut down a bit in the 3rd qtr with the new qb. However, Tony G adds a new dimension to the offense and I am simply curious to see if others who watch this team closely can envision him at qb with Cecil still in the offense AND playing what may be his best position - defense.

 

Any qb controversy would come about because of the staff's actions - not some silly questions being asked on BGP.

I saw the Ryle game and saw where the O shut down a bit in the 3rd qtr with the new qb. However, Tony G adds a new dimension to the offense and I am simply curious to see if others who watch this team closely can envision him at qb with Cecil still in the offense AND playing what may be his best position - defense.

 

Any qb controversy would come about because of the staff's actions - not some silly questions being asked on BGP.

 

I dont think there will be any controversy as Tony G is simply a Role QB this year and he knows it. He has nice arm strength but needs more Varsity game experience befoe he can be considered into a controversy.

 

Only time we will see Tony G is to spell Cecil when needed and when they play very fast offensive teams where he is needed at OLB.

 

To be honest, Tony G may get more snaps than Cecil this year simply due to the blowouts that may occur. Nothing wrong with this, it only prepares him that much more for next year. But lets not forget about the super Sophomore BArdo who I hear throws a very nice ball. Nothing wrong with a little competition.

To be honest, Tony G may get more snaps than Cecil this year simply due to the blowouts that may occur. Nothing wrong with this, it only prepares him that much more for next year. But lets not forget about the super Sophomore BArdo who I hear throws a very nice ball. Nothing wrong with a little competition.

 

We will be set for the next 4 years at QB... It's a good time to be a Highlands fan! :ylsuper:

Heard Will Bardo broke his collarbone in the JV game today....best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Maybe, and maybe not. :cool:

I was going to ask you if you wanted to sit together next week but I have a feeling that it would end up with one of us in the back seat of an Edgewood cruiser? :laugh:

I will treat you to a funnel cake though.:D

 

 

I will be attending the Dayton Ludlow game this week. But thanks for the invite! Maybe in the playoffs. Oh wait the Lions Club in Ft. Thomas only has Snappy Tomato Pizza.

I played for Ludlow in 1975, and I think our special teams may have given up more touchdowns than our defense did.

 

The good old days of Randy Reese and CONK! :D

What was the score of the HHS JV game?

What was the score of the HHS JV game?

 

As noted in the prior post, Highlands JV won big. A couple of observations from the game (for at least most of the first half; I left right before half to drive to Centre): the Holmes kids were obviously overmatched. But they played hard and didn't seem to quit from what I watched in person and observed on the tape. If they follow and listen to Coach Lickert, I'm convinced that these kids will be very successful as seniors.

 

Also I was sitting in the endzone when the varsity players came out to run. I spoke with a couple of them and they were very polite and referred to me as "Sir". One of the big kids didn't want to run (said he had a sore ankle) and he was trying to talk others into walking with him. The other kid said "you're not hurt" and took off running. Good to see that.

I read today on Ryan Ernst's blog that Holmes' James Miller is being recruited by some Ivy League schools. Best wishes to him.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.