NKY Freshman Football

BlueBoy

So what do the Birds have this year at Frosh level? I keep hearing about the big line and excellent QB as well as big numbers but who will stand out and lead this team to continue the undefeated streak?

I just hope Charlie Barr (Head Coach) in his 30th year at HHS as Freshman Coach, can keep everybody happy with #'s reaching upward of 40+ players. That is a huge # by HHS standards. I'm not sure about names but there are two very capable QB's and lots of kids that will absolutely hit you. Right now at HHS on the Varsity level, it seems like it is Linebacker U. It looks like more of the same at the freshman level. They also have that patented small and very fast running back. But you know "The Streak" will not continue unless they keep their heads about themselves and put in the time, effort, and dedication that is required to become a champion and starts with CovCath. They better be ready!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard where CCH freshman will scrimmage this weekend. How long has this been going on and does anyone think this benefits them as a team or as a program.

1. CCH FROSH having scrimmages has been going on for quite a while.

2. How can it NOT benefit them?

Yeah it's too bad the kid didn't end going to Highlands!!!! Being that his dad played on 82 Highlands State team. We know now who wears the pants in that family!!!:rolleyes:

My dad was a safety and a wide out on that team, is the kids last name cunningham by chance.

Agree! I think it benefits everybody involved. Some people would disagree though. Some feel it's a waste of precious varsity time when in turn they usually scrimmage after the Varsity and it doesn't affect them what so ever. I say the more you scrimmage or play someone else, the better for your team and program.

You 'birds fans may be interested to know that probably the best player and best athlete in the NKYFL from the Ft. Mitchell Spartans (#28) is said to be attending your school in fall of '08. Family supposedly just bought a house in Ft. Thomas. Many Dixie & Beechwood faithful will be "truely" sad and jealous.

You 'birds fans may be interested to know that probably the best player and best athlete in the NKYFL from the Ft. Mitchell Spartans (#28) is said to be attending your school in fall of '08. Family supposedly just bought a house in Ft. Thomas. Many Dixie & Beechwood faithful will be "truely" sad and jealous.

Was seen in town last week. He was too big to run the ball in the FTJFL so he stayed with the Spartans. Keep grooming them for us.

That's ok, we get plenty between Dixie, CCh, and Beechwood from the spartans. We also get some from The NKYFL Raiders, and South Kenton Lions, not to mention the Turkeyfoot Indians and Summit View Wildcats. I think we'll be just fine if one gets away. It'll be interesting to see if it plays out the way you say.:D

That's ok, we get plenty between Dixie, CCh, and Beechwood from the spartans. We also get some from The NKYFL Raiders, and South Kenton Lions, not to mention the Turkeyfoot Indians and Summit View Wildcats. I think we'll be just fine if one gets away. It'll be interesting to see if it plays out the way you say.:D

Yeah that's true, but for some god for saken reason when you add the one stud player to an allready very good football program it spells trouble in Kenton county.

I have seen the kid play a few times and he is a stud...:ylsuper: :ylsuper: