Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Freshman Football

Featured Replies

What does everyone see with the freshman teams this year in NKY? Who is the favorites in each division? I am being told that CCH will have a very good team with a stud from Campbell County that will be attending there. Good football player but even better baseball player. Also HHS will be pretty good as well. I think they haven't lost in a couple years. NewCath and Holy Cross from what I'm told are supposed to good also.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does everyone see with the freshman teams this year in NKY? Who is the favorites in each division? I am being told that CCH will have a very good team with a stud from Campbell County that will be attending there. Good football player but even better baseball player. Also HHS will be pretty good as well. I think they haven't lost in a couple years. NewCath and Holy Cross from what I'm told are supposed to good also.

Yeah it's too bad the kid didn't end going to Highlands!!!! Being that his dad played on 82 Highlands State team. We know now who wears the pants in that family!!!:rolleyes:

Week 1 (Aug 29) of the Freshman Season should be a great game, with HHS traveling to CCH!

 

Birds have a lineman who played in the Red Devils system the last several years, along with a few other alumni of the FTJFL, so hopefully their line will be a strong point. It won't be the "Biggest Freshman Line Ever" that was predicted in late spring, but they're coming together nicely.

I am going to go with Highlands, Duh!!!! I know they have a huge road in front of them this year especially playing CCH the first game of the year. But until someone knocks the Birds from a 30 plus game win streak at the frosh level they definately have to be the team to beat in NKY. Does anybody know if the Baby Birds will get a chance to scrimmage Male this year. I know the freshman team last year pretty much manhandled the Bulldogs younger squad. I don't know if Male's younger group was a little down last year or was Highlands freshman team that Good!!!

Friday August 10 th .Highlands Frosh is going to scrimmage Beechwood Frosh .Not sure of time and location ,but when I get it I'll pass it along .I know the varsity teams are scrimmaging that night at HHS .

What are the strengths and weakness of these 2 young squads ?

Friday August 10 th .Highlands Frosh is going to scrimmage Beechwood Frosh .Not sure of time and location ,but when I get it I'll pass it along .I know the varsity teams are scrimmaging that night at HHS .

What are the strengths and weakness of these 2 young squads ?

I would imagine they would scrimmage a couple hours before the varsity does. It kind of makes sense to get everybody in the same place at the same time.

Week 1 (Aug 29) of the Freshman Season should be a great game, with HHS traveling to CCH!

 

Birds have a lineman who played in the Red Devils system the last several years, along with a few other alumni of the FTJFL, so hopefully their line will be a strong point. It won't be the "Biggest Freshman Line Ever" that was predicted in late spring, but they're coming together nicely.

 

The biggest lineman they had went down the hill, didn't he? Even without him they're pretty darn big. The most impressive linemen to me so far are a few of the smaller ones. Hopefully they master the techniques quickly and come out hitting.

The biggest lineman they had went down the hill, didn't he? Even without him they're pretty darn big. The most impressive linemen to me so far are a few of the smaller ones. Hopefully they master the techniques quickly and come out hitting.

No disrespect but i'm not so sure that kid would of seen the field in Dale's system. I Watched him play on the basketball court last year as an 8th grader and he's not the most fleet of foot. But who knows what will happen with football. He definately would have had his work cut out for him at Highlands!!!! Good luck on the Hill young man:thumb:

No disrespect but i'm not so sure that kid would of seen the field in Dale's system. I Watched him play on the basketball court last year as an 8th grader and he's not the most fleet of foot. But who knows what will happen with football. He definately would have had his work cut out for him at Highlands!!!! Good luck on the Hill young man:thumb:

 

NewCath will take him and run with it. His cousins didn't turn out half bad for the 'Breds.

Whats too bad is if the kid is from the county and didn't go to CCHS. Coach Styer has that program on the upswing and some parents still haven't seen the light.

Whats too bad is if the kid is from the county and didn't go to CCHS. Coach Styer has that program on the upswing and some parents still haven't seen the light.

He is more of a baseball player than football.. That is the main reason he is gong to CovCath....If it was more about football I am pretty sure he would be going to HHS......

Yeah it's too bad the kid didn't end going to Highlands!!!! Being that his dad played on 82 Highlands State team. We know now who wears the pants in that family!!!:rolleyes:

 

What is the young man's name?

I am going to go with Highlands, Duh!!!! I know they have a huge road in front of them this year especially playing CCH the first game of the year. But until someone knocks the Birds from a 30 plus game win streak at the frosh level they definately have to be the team to beat in NKY. Does anybody know if the Baby Birds will get a chance to scrimmage Male this year. I know the freshman team last year pretty much manhandled the Bulldogs younger squad. I don't know if Male's younger group was a little down last year or was Highlands freshman team that Good!!!

 

I agree. Until someone knocks off HHS they're the team to beat. The young Birds will have their work cut out for them, but I'm sure they're up to the test. They've got alot of talent and with the numbers in "Death Valley" so far I'm sure they'll find players to fill any obvious holes. Good luck to all of them.

Yeah it's too bad the kid didn't end going to Highlands!!!! Being that his dad played on 82 Highlands State team. We know now who wears the pants in that family!!!:rolleyes:

Wow, seems like a shot across the bow!

So what do the Birds have this year at Frosh level? I keep hearing about the big line and excellent QB as well as big numbers but who will stand out and lead this team to continue the undefeated streak?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.