Girls That Play High School Football

Should Girls Be Allowed To Play High School Football?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Should Girls Be Allowed To Play High School Football?

I feel like I've tried to convince myself that they should be allowed, but I just can't do it. I'm probably being old-school, and for the same reasons that I think 35 year old men with 15 year old girls should get a FAR worse punishment, I just can't wrap my arms around a girl playing h.s. football. I actually wish I felt differently...I just don't.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like I've tried to convince myself that they should be allowed, but I just can't do it. I'm probably being old-school, and for the same reasons that I think 35 year old men with 15 year old girls should get a FAR worse punishment, I just can't wrap my arms around a girl playing h.s. football. I actually wish I felt differently...I just don't.

I'm with you, I try to justify letting girls play football, but I just can't.

I'm with you, I try to justify letting girls play football, but I just can't.

McCreary County actually had a girl who played football. She played 7th and 8th grade ball and was an excellent player. Averaged 4 yards a carry as a fullback and played D-tackle. She actually hit a kid in practice so hard during a drill that his helmet popped-off. She played through her sophmore year then called it quits. She did OK at the JV level but she was smart enough to realize that the boys were getting much stronger at a faster rate. I don't have a problem with girls playing high school football as long as they realize when they put on that helmet they are just another football player.

1st, shoulder pads are not made to accomodate the physical differences.

2nd, Football, just like baseball, is a male sport in the state of Kentucky. Volleyball, softball, field hockey, ect. are female sports. You would not let a boy play volleyball, would you? The state of Iowa ruled that a boy could not play volleyball, a sanctioned girls sport.

3rd, How would like it if your son was the one that had to go up against the girl? How do you think the other players on the team would react if girl beat your son. I would think the humilation would be pretty bad.

4th, Having a girl on the team, IMO, takes away from the TEAM concept. There is so much publicity just because a girl made the team.

Bottom line, BOYS need to play male sports and GIRLS need to play female sports.

Kicker would be the only position IMO. I just think there are too many things that could go bad having a girl on the team.

If they are good enough, strong enough, and fast enough, I have no problem with girls playing football. Heck, some of the them might just be the best athletes on the field! :dancingpa

I think Alaska has state championship play for girls high school flag football. Kentucky could do the same thing if there was enough interest.

Great response! I would support that 100%

Maybe for another thread....

But how do you feel about female football referees? Had one in N Ky for several years. Haven't seen her lately but she was the white hat.

1st, shoulder pads are not made to accomodate the physical differences.
Depends on the girl, doesn't it? And adjustments could be made.

2nd, Football, just like baseball, is a male sport in the state of Kentucky. Volleyball, softball, field hockey, ect. are female sports. You would not let a boy play volleyball, would you? The state of Iowa ruled that a boy could not play volleyball, a sanctioned girls sport.

There's nothing that says "Boys Football, or Boys Baseball" in the listings on KHSAA. By the way, boys do play volleyball.

3rd, How would like it if your son was the one that had to go up against the girl? How do you think the other players on the team would react if girl beat your son. I would think the humilation would be pretty bad.

I think that would speak volumes about the abilities of that girl, and please....

4th, Having a girl on the team, IMO, takes away from the TEAM concept. There is so much publicity just because a girl made the team.

Well, we wouldn't want boys to think that having a girl on their team is perfectly natural, would we? I mean, we wouldn't want to foster a concept of men and women being able to work together to achieve a common goal, would we?

Bottom line, BOYS need to play male sports and GIRLS need to play female sports.

Boys and girls who are interested need to play sports, period.

Great response! I would support that 100%

Maybe for another thread....

But how do you feel about female football referees? Had one in N Ky for several years. Haven't seen her lately but she was the white hat.

If a woman knows the rules, why shouldn't she be a ref? I mean, it's not as if male refs don't blow calls. Ref'ing has to do with knowledge of the game, not gender. You don't have to be a guy to understand football rules.

I did vote yes but want to add that guys should be able to play a girls sport if that sport is not offered to the guys.

This I agree with. Example the KHSAA doesn't offer Volleyball to boy's. If girls are allowed to play football, then why couldn't a boy play Volleyball? Seems fair to me at least.:thumb:

Depends on the girl, doesn't it? And adjustments could be made.

You are correct the adjustments can be made to equipment. But when a coach modifies equipment he takes ALL the responsibilities of injury. The company will not stand behind their equipment if it is modified.

There's nothing that says "Boys Football, or Boys Baseball" in the listings on KHSAA. By the way, boys do play volleyball.

Yes boys do play volleyball in some states, but not in KY. Some play tiddlywinks also. Girls play powder puff football at several schools. But boys aren't sanctioned to play volleyball by the KHSAA.

I think that would speak volumes about the abilities of that girl, and please.....

Well, we wouldn't want boys to think that having a girl on their team is perfectly natural, would we? I mean, we wouldn't want to foster a concept of men and women being able to work together to achieve a common goal, would we?.

This is concept is what is wrong in society today. We don't have to, nor should we try, to make everyone happy and hunky-dory! If the public thinks girls should play, then go through the process and start up girls teams. I don't know of one co-ed sanctioned sport in high school or college. Is there any?

Boys and girls who are interested need to play sports, period.

The last statement is the only statement I agree with.

So i guess the first time one of my girls gets a cheap shot from a male player because some dad doesn't think its right. There would be a big problem on Memorial Pkwy!!!! Should they be aloud, absolutely!!! But should they attempt to play against boys. No Comment.