Girls That Play High School Football

Should Girls Be Allowed To Play High School Football?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Should Girls Be Allowed To Play High School Football?

You are correct the adjustments can be made to equipment. But when a coach modifies equipment he takes ALL the responsibilities of injury. The company will not stand behind their equipment if it is modified.
But as PeteW points out, there is a company that makes women's football pads. So that takes care of thatone

Yes boys do play volleyball in some states, but not in KY. Some play tiddlywinks also. Girls play powder puff football at several schools. But boys aren't sanctioned to play volleyball by the KHSAA.

But, boys teams could be sanctioned. And I have no problem if a boy plays on a girls volleyball team. Powder puff football is not tackle football, it's not the same.

This is concept is what is wrong in society today. We don't have to, nor should we try, to make everyone happy and hunky-dory! If the public thinks girls should play, then go through the process and start up girls teams. I don't know of one co-ed sanctioned sport in high school or college. Is there any?

So, then, let's make sure the boys are happy, and to heck with the girls is OK? Girls wanting to play tackle football are not the norm. If they are able to play, want to play, and can compete, there should be a place for them to play. If they aren't then the face the same as boys who can't make the cut. There's no way to start up a girls football program at almost any school I know of, because there's no interest. For the few, they should be allowed, provided they make the cut.

The last statement is the only statement I agree with.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But as PeteW points out, there is a company that makes women's football pads. So that takes care of thatone

But, boys teams could be sanctioned. And I have no problem if a boy plays on a girls volleyball team. Powder puff football is not tackle football, it's not the same.

So, then, let's make sure the boys are happy, and to heck with the girls is OK? Girls wanting to play tackle football are not the norm. If they are able to play, want to play, and can compete, there should be a place for them to play. If they aren't then the face the same as boys who can't make the cut. There's no way to start up a girls football program at almost any school I know of, because there's no interest. For the few, they should be allowed, provided they make the cut.

Your point goes both ways! Girls could be sanctioned also. But there has not been enough interest to field teams. So why do we have to please everyone because there are a couple that want to play?

Next, IMO you are reading into something that I don't want to portray. My daughter has played 4 sports in High school. She now is at college and playing. Thank goodness for title 9! It is paying for her education. I have been to more high schools girls games than the average person. I have fund raised several thousands of dollars for our high school to help our female sports. I just don't believe that football is a coed sport.

3rd point...If your son was humiliated by a girl, then he probablw wasn't the best person on the field!:dancingpa

1st, shoulder pads are not made to accomodate the physical differences.

2nd, Football, just like baseball, is a male sport in the state of Kentucky. Volleyball, softball, field hockey, ect. are female sports. You would not let a boy play volleyball, would you? The state of Iowa ruled that a boy could not play volleyball, a sanctioned girls sport.

3rd, How would like it if your son was the one that had to go up against the girl? How do you think the other players on the team would react if girl beat your son. I would think the humilation would be pretty bad.

4th, Having a girl on the team, IMO, takes away from the TEAM concept. There is so much publicity just because a girl made the team.

Bottom line, BOYS need to play male sports and GIRLS need to play female sports.

this is a tough question. Both my girls are very athletic and would have made darn good WR, according to Hoof. Having been raised in a die-hard football family, I am so glad my girls never showed an interest in playing football, other than out back in the field with their cousins!

this is a tough question. Both my girls are very athletic and would have made darn good WR, according to Hoof. Having been raised in a die-hard football family, I am so glad my girls never showed an interest in playing football, other than out back in the field with their cousins!

I agree with Hoof. I know they could catch a football better than their Uncle B.:lol: and if they had played football they would have gotten a front row seat on the firetruck.:D

There's a catch-22 for the ole ball coach, cut the girl and you face scrutiny, keep her and little johnny's dad throws a hissie-fit because he was cut. I am not universally against a girl playing football, just that I have a problem with a girl being in harms way. Perhaps that's so passe' but I feel the same as HSSB, I can't say at the HS level however that I'd want a girl playing.

I played in the 70's when womens lib was going strong. Our football coach was also the sociology and psycology teacher, and we had a girl in our class who was a big womens liber. She ask in class one day if she could come out for the team and coach replied there is no law against so I guess the answer is yes. My reply was come on out I'll tear your head off. She looked at coach and said is he allowed to do that. Coach said he does it to everyone else so I guess your fair game. Needless to say she didn't come out. I coached a girl who kicked extra points for us and was a terrific onside kcker and we used her for that from time to time. Her senior year at homecoming she kicked an extra point, did an onside kick we recovered and was elected homecoming queen. That was in 2000 so times have changed since I played.

I'd be interested to know how many who voted yes have daughters?

How many who voted nohave daughters?

For the record, I voted yes, and I have a daughter.

I voted no, I have 2 boys, but have known girls all of my life.:D