Girls That Play High School Football

Should Girls Be Allowed To Play High School Football?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Should Girls Be Allowed To Play High School Football?

If a girl has the ability to play the sport them let them play. I do think that the female should be treated the same as the male players. Make them run the same conditioning drills, weight lifting and most importantly make them go through the same hitting drills as the guys do. The hitting drills would be a good test to see if a girl really had what it took to play the guys.

I think it should be allowed but I dont think it's that great of an idea just from a safety standpoint.

At the end of the day there is a reason why we have men's and womens sports and in my opinion it comes down to safety. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if they would eliminate mens and womens sports and just have a tryout for the teams without classifying them by sex.

The idea of this doesnt bother me at all. What really bothers me is when the best female golfer is allowed to play with the men. Do they ever let some of the lower teir male golfers play down with the girls ? That bothers me.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a woman and wife of a coach, I voted no! Girls should not play football. A few years ago we had a girl on the team, she did a decent job but everything was made more difficult for everyone. I have a daughter who loves football but would never ask to play (unless it was flag, powderpuff,etc) Her dad is the coach and she is well aware of things that happen in the locker room. Everyone knows that coaches talk to boys differently than girls....on and off the field. The coach definetly couldn't smack a girls back side for a job well done. Special accomodations have to be made for having even one girl on the team. Every game, we had to find a separate place for her to get dressed. After the game the boys had to make sure they didn't undress until she left the locker room. There are so many cons to allowing girls to play high school football and not nearly enough pros. And lest we forget what happened at the University of Colorado with their female kicker.

Ohio State/ NY Jets Nick Mangold's "little" sister at 5'9" 310 pounds is going to be a Senior this year is she not? Played OL on the PAT team last year for Kettering Alter.

If they want to play let them. Their are very, very, very few girls in the US that could compete in football after Middle School, Freshman year. Simpley the speed and strength passes them up.

In this day and time a school or coach is only looking for trouble if they refuss to let a girl play.

I agree with Hoof. I know they could catch a football better than their Uncle B.:lol: and if they had played football they would have gotten a front row seat on the firetruck.:D

:laugh: I forgot! You and Cvillecat both played football with my big bro!

I didn't vote because I am on the fence on this one. As a tomboy, I would loved to have played football. But I can't say I'd enjoy the idea of my girls playing h.s. football. They did play powderpuff football, and hubby and I sat on pins and needles the whole time fearing injuries that may hinder their upcoming basketball and softball seasons. Some girls' bball coaches don't allow their players to play powderpuff.

Just because someone has the right to do something, doesn't make it in their best interest to do so. For me, imo, I am glad my girls didn't want to play h.s. football. (they were president and vice president of the pep club tho!)

If they are good enough, strong enough, and fast enough, I have no problem with girls playing football. Heck, some of the them might just be the best athletes on the field! :dancingpa
There will always be some girls athletic enough to compete with or against boys. But, if you allow girls to compete in a boys sport that is not offered to girls then you must also let boys compete against girls in a sport offered only to girls. I'm sure that there would be protests when an athletic 6 foot 6 inch 18 year old guy with a 40 inch vertical jump tries out for the girls volley ball team. I vote no.

There is a reason that sports such as basketball and soccer are divided between male and female teams and the reasons are safety and giving girls a chance to compete. Lets look at this realistically...So many girls have had their education paid for because they were good enough to get an athletic scholarship in basketball, soccer or another sport, thats a great thing. On the other hand, how many of these girls would have had this opportunity if schools didnt have sports designed for specific sexes ? How many girls could have made the team had there been no male/female team ? Just one open tryout?

I voted yes on this because I believe that the great country we live in allows anyone the right to try something regardless of their gender. I honestly cannot say that if I had a daughter I would encourage her to give football a try. For those of you who have daughters, can you truthfully say that you wouldnt mind a 6'5 270 pound linebacker running full force at your child ?

I also agree with the above poster who said that men should be allowed to compete with the ladies when their sport is not offered. Like I stated earlier in the thread the male golfer who just misses the cut for a tournament should be allowed to go compete on the womens tour just as they are allowed to compete with the men.

I voted yes because that is a persons right. Deep down I think it just puts everyone involved in a bad situation.