Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

U.K. Leads NCAA in Attendance Again.

Featured Replies

You really think so? A new arena might be a boost, but if BCG wins like we all think he will, he is going to put even more fannies in the seats than there already are...

 

I don't really see how BCG can increase attendenance. It's pretty much sold old most games as it is. Short of a new larger areana there isn't a whole lot of room left for improvement.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Is UL's new areana going to hold more than Rupp? If so you may end up being correct, but if not I have a hard time believing it would pass UK...

I am not sure whether it will or not. Maybe so. Anyway, I thought that this was "paid" attendance, not the fans that U.L. paid to watch them play:D :D (j/k - LOL, I couldn't resist, this state is basketball crazy!!)

From what I hear, U of L's arena is to hold more...

From what I hear, U of L's arena is to hold more...

If that is the case you can bet it will not be long before UK has one larger.:p:D

I would venture to guess that the 'Ville will be topping this list by decade's end.

 

Not unless UK moves back into Memorial Coliseum...

From what I hear, U of L's arena is to hold more...

 

Looks like the official number at this point is 22,198.

 

If you want to get a very detailed look at what the new arena is proposed to look like, click this link. Congrats, UL fans, it looks to be a huge step up from Freedom Hall and a 1st class facility.

 

May take awhile to load.

If that is the case you can bet it will not be long before UK has one larger.:p:D

 

I also believe this.

Looks like the official number at this point is 22,198.

 

If you want to get a very detailed look at what the new arena is proposed to look like, click this link. Congrats, UL fans, it looks to be a huge step up from Freedom Hall and a 1st class facility.

 

May take awhile to load.

 

Well Rupp holds 24,000 and has for the Florida game in 2003 as well as this past year

Besides Syracuse, how many arenas hold as many or more than Rupp???

 

Thompson-Boling holds 26,000

Thompson-Boling holds 26,000

Action is that the figure after the renovations are finished? The site for Thompson-Boling lists seating at 24,535.

 

Just curious because I heard some UT fans say that they were going to lose seating during the renovations.

Thompson-Boling holds 26,000

 

Yeah, but not when they're running a curtain around the upper level so it doesn't look so empty.

 

Looks like Pearl may be starting to actually use the capacity though.

Action is that the figure after the renovations are finished? The site for Thompson-Boling lists seating at 24,535.

 

Just curious because I heard some UT fans say that they were going to lose seating during the renovations.

 

I wasnt aware that renovations were taking place. If that is the case, then my figure in incorrect.

Rupp's Official capacity is 23K per UK's website....

 

Louisville's new arena is slated to be right at 23k or a little under...I would say they will be competing for top spot for sure.

Rupp's Official capacity is 23K per UK's website....

 

Louisville's new arena is slated to be right at 23k or a little under...I would say they will be competing for top spot for sure.

 

UK and UL definitely most likely will be 1 and 2 in attendance every year once UL's areana is finished...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.