Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sheffield says Torre Treats Blacks Differently

Featured Replies

I have never heard anything of this sort about Torre before and he's been around MLB much longer than Sheff has.

 

As far as rep's, Camel's work shows the reputation Sheffield has as an idiot.

 

"It is better to be silent and assumed ignorant than it is to speak up and remove all doubt."

 

Camel's work, again, shows that he runs his mouth. He was 19 when he was with Milwaukee. I took the quote as saying " I was young and ignorant." If you ask him a question, you will get exactly what he's thinking. We may not like what he says but you must admit that its refreshing to hear an honest answer not filled with lame cliches.

 

Until someone proves that Sheff has a history of lying, you cannot simply discount his accusation because you do not like him.

  • Replies 74
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will wait to see if other players back him up on this before I decide. Current Yankees shouldnt but past players would have nothing to lose by backing him if its true. My first thoughts are its hard to believe no other player has every said anything like this about Torre (as far as I know they havent) so it cant be true. Time will tell.

He was 19 when he was with Milwaukee. I took the quote as saying " I was young and ignorant."

 

Now he is older and still ignorant. :D

Sheffield was also ask "What about Derek Jeter", he is the team captain and the most respected member of the team?

 

Sheffields's answer was "Jeter doesn't count, he is half black and half white ........he is not all black". :rolleyes: Give me a break, and this guy is saying that Torre is handling things in racist maner??:irked: Sounds like Sheff is the racist to me with a statement like that.

Now he is older and still ignorant. :D

:thumb: And still continues to run his mouth. As others have stated, Sheffield always wants to be the center of attention and this latest episode seems to be another way for him to accomplish that.

Sheffield was also ask "What about Derek Jeter", he is the team captain and the most respected member of the team?

 

Sheffields's answer was "Jeter doesn't count, he is half black and half white ........he is not all black". :rolleyes: Give me a break, and this guy is saying that Torre is handling things in racist maner??:irked: Sounds like Sheff is the racist to me with a statement like that.

:thumb: You are right on again Oldrambler.

Listen to Sheffield butcher the English Language. On the other hand, he has few peers in regard to use of double negatives. Pitiful.

 

If he weren't blessed with the ability to hit a baseball what legal endeavor could he participate in in order to make an honest living? The only one I can think of would be to be a bodyguard for Jesse Jackson but I don't really know if that would be an honest living.

 

He is a negative role model for youth in general and for his race in particular.

Camel's work, again, shows that he runs his mouth. He was 19 when he was with Milwaukee. I took the quote as saying " I was young and ignorant." If you ask him a question, you will get exactly what he's thinking. We may not like what he says but you must admit that its refreshing to hear an honest answer not filled with lame cliches.

 

Until someone proves that Sheff has a history of lying, you cannot simply discount his accusation because you do not like him.

 

What about this gem...

 

Sheff, a born-again Christian, on teammate Shawn Green missing a game with the Dodgers because of Yom Kippur during a crucial pennant stretch: "Religion is an important thing as long as you worship the right God."

 

He was a bit older than 19 then, but his opinion still shows his ignorance in taking a teammate to task for his choice of religion. Has nothing to do with liking him or not, I have never met him to make that personal determination. Nevertheless, he at the very least appears to be an arrogant and ignorant man.

 

You say we have to prove he's a liar before we discount his statement. Would you care to prove the above statement? As a Protestant, I recognize that those of the Jewish faith worship the same God as I do, which I can only assume must be the one Sheffield refers to as the "right" God.

 

My point was the same as was maybe better explained by River Rat, with Torre's long service as a player and manager, I find it hard to believe we have never heard any other rumblings of racism on his part from past team mates or players. Sounds like Sheff didn't like something Torre said or did and since Sheff is black, it must mean Torre is a racist. Trust me, I have heard that line of reasoning before and the same thing may very well apply here...maybe no one likes you because you are a (jerk, idiot, smart alec, smell bad, whatever) not because you are black.

Camel's work, again, shows that he runs his mouth. He was 19 when he was with Milwaukee. I took the quote as saying " I was young and ignorant." If you ask him a question, you will get exactly what he's thinking. We may not like what he says but you must admit that its refreshing to hear an honest answer not filled with lame cliches.

 

Until someone proves that Sheff has a history of lying, you cannot simply discount his accusation because you do not like him.

 

Sheff doesn't have to be lying. He's a chronic complainer whose feelings are easily hurt. That's why I discount his accusations. Torre has been in baseball forever, and with all the players he has been around, if he didn't treat blacks fairly we would all know by now...

 

Let's see how many players back Sheff's claim...

Listen to Sheffield butcher the English Language. On the other hand, he has few peers in regard to use of double negatives. Pitiful.

 

If he weren't blessed with the ability to hit a baseball what legal endeavor could he participate in in order to make an honest living? The only one I can think of would be to be a bodyguard for Jesse Jackson but I don't really know if that would be an honest living.

 

He is a negative role model for youth in general and for his race in particular.

 

What does this post have to do with ANYTHING??? :confused: I'd venture to say that had Sheffield not pursued a career in baseball, he could have invested his time in another career field. Your post was very stereotypical, and I found it quite offensive.

Why??? I just don't get it with these guys. Sheff is such a great player and the Tigers might have the team to beat. Why would you draw more pressure too your team? What a putz!

I'd like to see Sheff and Ricky Henderson replace Mike and Mike. Talk about entertainment value. Anything Sheff says should always be taken with a grain of salt.

What about this gem...

 

Sheff, a born-again Christian, on teammate Shawn Green missing a game with the Dodgers because of Yom Kippur during a crucial pennant stretch: "Religion is an important thing as long as you worship the right God."

 

Sounds like he'd fit right in on the P&R board.

 

 

 

You say we have to prove he's a liar before we discount his statement. Would you care to prove the above statement? As a Protestant, I recognize that those of the Jewish faith worship the same God as I do, which I can only assume must be the one Sheffield refers to as the "right" God.

 

His opinion. I'd disagree.

 

My point was the same as was maybe better explained by River Rat, with Torre's long service as a player and manager, I find it hard to believe we have never heard any other rumblings of racism on his part from past team mates or players. Sounds like Sheff didn't like something Torre said or did and since Sheff is black, it must mean Torre is a racist. Trust me, I have heard that line of reasoning before and the same thing may very well apply here...maybe no one likes you because you are a (jerk, idiot, smart alec, smell bad, whatever) not because you are black.

 

Torre could be completely innocent. I, too, have not heard the claim made before. My point is simple: Don't discount the message simply because you don't like the messenger. Even "jerk, idiot, smart alec, smell bad, whatever" can be right with their claims despite what everyone else believes.

What does this post have to do with ANYTHING??? :confused: I'd venture to say that had Sheffield not pursued a career in baseball, he could have invested his time in another career field. Your post was very stereotypical, and I found it quite offensive.

 

 

Deuce, I would agree. Kingfish is treading a very fine line.

Why??? I just don't get it with these guys. Sheff is such a great player and the Tigers might have the team to beat. Why would you draw more pressure too your team? What a putz!

BC that is what he does best ......run his mouth over something :lol: . He is a chroinic complainer whether there is anything wrong or not.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.