Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pre-season 10th Region Baseball

Featured Replies

The batter did not move and the cather's arm hit the batter while attempting to make the throw to get the guy at third. It is the right call, the runner at 3rd is called out. Oh and by the way Brossart's JV team was missing many of their main players in the first meeting against the Camels due to the fact that they were playing Varsity against the Camels that same night. Probably a good reason as to why they got beat pretty handedly.

 

If i'm not mistaken the players that went and played varsity that night played the first couple of innings in the jv game and then left for the varsity game. The Camels scored 10 of there 15 runs in the first 1-3 innings. The camels have way more talent than brossart. The only reson why they lost the second game was becuase they over looked brossart and went through the motions.

  • Replies 236
  • Views 36.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The batter did not move and the cather's arm hit the batter while attempting to make the throw to get the guy at third. It is the right call, the runner at 3rd is called out. Oh and by the way Brossart's JV team was missing many of their main players in the first meeting against the Camels due to the fact that they were playing Varsity against the Camels that same night. Probably a good reason as to why they got beat pretty handedly.

 

And also N KY Sports CEO, on the umpire's call I still don't think you know what you are talking about. Weren't you the one before saying the ball hit the runner at

3rd?

Montgomery Co. will not have the studs to win a regional tourney but if they make it to the tourney you can bet that nobody will look forward to playing them. Coach Combs is an outstanding coach and will have his teams poised to strike. Always well prepared and exceptionally coached. I still think Harrison Co. is the team with everyone else in the same barrel.

[quote=Camel Fan 81;2569942

And also N KY Sports CEO, on the umpire's call I still don't think you know what you are talking about. Weren't you the one before saying the ball hit the runner at

3rd?

 

I guess I didn't make myself very clear here. What i was trying to say is as the runner was running to third and the ball hits the batter then the runner is out. I apologize for not being very clear.:thumb:

Campbell can clean up some of its jv game problems if the coaching staff became aware of the rules and worked on the basics. That jv game by Brossart is simply being outplayed and outcoached by Brossart. Same thing is said for a few games at the varsity level.

Under the current coaching staff the Camels have a 4-3 Varsity record against Brossart. Both team have won two district titles in the last 4 years and the Camels have been to one regional final. I would say this rivalry is pretty much even as the record states and neither team has been out coached. Hard to see where they have been out coached on either account OT. Two good programs that have been very successful IMO.

I saw Harrison play a few times this fall; I believe they went undefeated in the Champions Fall league; they have excellent pitching and just know how to play the game and win; they will be the team to beat!

  • Author
I saw Harrison play a few times this fall; I believe they went undefeated in the Champions Fall league; they have excellent pitching and just know how to play the game and win; they will be the team to beat!

 

I think its already a general consensus that Harrison will be the team to beat this year. In my opinion though, the teams that are BEST equipped to beat them and make a run in the regional tournament are Scott, GRC, and Campbell County.

Old Teacher I was just wondering, but have you ever even been to a Campbell vs. Brossart baseball game on any level?

Under the current coaching staff the Camels have a 4-3 Varsity record against Brossart. Both team have won two district titles in the last 4 years and the Camels have been to one regional final. I would say this rivalry is pretty much even as the record states and neither team has been out coached. Hard to see where they have been out coached on either account OT. Two good programs that have been very successful IMO.

 

The program would be better served to look forward instead of living in the past. The size and feeder programs for Campbell should make it a consistent and dominant force at district play every single year. It use to be that way, year in and year out. Now, there is satisfaction and bragging on a record that is really not all that much. The jv game last year was the result of brossart coach having the team come ready to play and the camel coach not. How a camel team not be up to play Brossart is lost on me but that is a coach responsibility. There is more support to being outcoached at the jv level by the fact the varsity coach had to enforce discipline and team rules during a jv game around the time of the Brossart game while the jv coach was lost about it. I believe a player was kicked off the team over it.

 

I think there is great potential in the Camel program. But I see a comfort on the coaching staff that is not working that hard and has not worked hard. Some of the coaches do not even show up for practices and just before the game! Kids are suppose to be impressed by that? This is a situation that can be improved on. If that offends some, so be it. The site always talks about how to improve a program but I fail to see where some coaches do not hold themselves in the same light. The successful ones do.

Old Teacher I was just wondering, but have you ever even been to a Campbell vs. Brossart baseball game on any level?

 

No. I never saw a Camel baseball game or any game in my entire career.

:lol::rolleyes:

Oldteacher, you sound like an unhappy person. I think by your comment that coaches do not show up for practices and just before a game is funny. I have never seen a coach showup late for a game or miss practices unless a warranted excuse was valid. Did you coach? Were you on time and and did you have discipline? Also, how can you comment if you never went to a game.

When was that OT back in the 80's? Pendleton Co won more districts in the mid-nineties than Campbell and since 2000 the Camels have won three, two of which were under the current coaching staff. Camel Fan is right, if you don't know the situation don't comment on it.

Let's get back to the thread and take the other discussion, to the pm's.

Under the old 10th configuration, anyone could have won that district. As I said, average and that is nothing to brag about.

 

Never went to a game?! Maybe want to understand the smiles! Campbell won plenty of district and region titles in the 80's and that was in the much stronger 9th. Been to more games than many people combined. Sorry for your misunderstanding 81.

 

Simply saying, average and there is nothing wrong in pointing that out.

 

I do not think Campbell will be the force people think it may be this year. Also, this group has yet to beat Scott with its current staff. That will be a challenge again. Pitching, the thinking goes will be a Camel strength may actually be a weakness. Time will tell but the standard bearers of accomplishments, Harrison will be at the top again.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.