Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pre-season 10th Region Baseball

Featured Replies

:laugh: Now that right there is funny, I don't care who you are!!!!

  • Replies 236
  • Views 36.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cambell had more talent, but I think Brossart played with more heart. In the game Campbell lost to Brossart, Campbell went thru the motions until they mounted a threat in the seventh, only to be snub out on an interference call by the ump. I thought it was the wrong call but Campbell didn't deserve to win!!!!

If i remember correctly I believe that Brossart scored a couple runs in the 6th inning to seal the deal, and last time i checked when the runner is running to third base and the ball hits him that is interference. Absolutely the right call. :thumb:

:laugh: Now that right there is funny, I don't care who you are!!!!

 

I'm interested in hearing your explanation to why that is funny.

How did Scott's Fresh team stack up against CCHS and Brossart last spring? Just wondering how Scotts JV will be this year.

In reply to the interference call, the ball didn't hit the runner, it was called on the batter. The batter did not move out of the batters box therefore it is not interference. If I am wrong about the rule someone please let me know!!

In reply to the interference call, the ball didn't hit the runner, it was called on the batter. The batter did not move out of the batters box therefore it is not interference. If I am wrong about the rule someone please let me know!!
Can you offer a better description, as to the interference call. I presume, the batter was still in the box and the ball, in play.

 

So did the catcher, make contact with the batter, when attempting to retrieve the ball?

Can you offer a better description, as to the interference call. I presume, the batter was still in the box and the ball, in play.

 

So did the catcher, make contact with the batter, when attempting to retrieve the ball?

 

There was a man on second and he attempted to steal. When the catcher came up throwing to thrid trying to get the runner out, he moved up and while trying to make the throw he hit the batter who was still in the batters box. Interference was called on the batter and if i'm not mistaken the runner at 3rd was called out. It was one of the most terrible calls in my opinion. You could even see were the batters foot prints were in the batters box.

How did the fresh/jv teams do in the 37th district last year? Who has the better underclassmen between Scott, CCHS and Brossart?

 

For JV i would have to say CCHS. They beat scott in the regular season and for brossart in the first game they won very handedly. For the second game though brossart did win, but the camels played in my opinion their worse game of the season and indeed went though the motions. If you would go back and look at there records last year the camels beat many of the teams brossart lost to very handedly and also made it father in the JV tourney. I'm predicting it right now, the camels win the district and make a stong push to win the region.

If i remember correctly I believe that Brossart scored a couple runs in the 6th inning to seal the deal, and last time i checked when the runner is running to third base and the ball hits him that is interference. Absolutely the right call. :thumb:

 

Yea i have no idea what game you were watching

  • Author
For JV i would have to say CCHS. They beat scott in the regular season and for brossart in the first game they won very handedly. For the second game though brossart did win, but the camels played in my opinion their worse game of the season and indeed went though the motions. If you would go back and look at there records last year the camels beat many of the teams brossart lost to very handedly and also made it father in the JV tourney. I'm predicting it right now, the camels win the district and make a stong push to win the region.

 

I'm not so sure if the camels will have the pitching to make it all the way through districts and regionals.

 

Scott has the big edge this year in overall pitching for the district.

 

If Adams is healthy this year they will have a VERY good 1-2-3 punch with Adams-Adkins-Hiller on the mound.

 

You may be right that the camels might win districts but I think Scott is more equipped to win the region than the camels due to their pitching.

 

Last year, IMO, Scott and GRC had the deepest and most experienced pitching rotations in the region and it looks to be that Scott might be in the same position as last year.

There was a man on second and he attempted to steal. When the catcher came up throwing to thrid trying to get the runner out, he moved up and while trying to make the throw he hit the batter who was still in the batters box. Interference was called on the batter and if i'm not mistaken the runner at 3rd was called out. It was one of the most terrible calls in my opinion. You could even see were the batters foot prints were in the batters box.[/QUOTe

 

The batter did not move and the cather's arm hit the batter while attempting to make the throw to get the guy at third. It is the right call, the runner at 3rd is called out. Oh and by the way Brossart's JV team was missing many of their main players in the first meeting against the Camels due to the fact that they were playing Varsity against the Camels that same night. Probably a good reason as to why they got beat pretty handedly.

I'm with Fan 81 on this one. It is the batter's box for a reason, for the batter. I also dont agree with the hit by pitch rule. If the ball is in the batter's box then they shouldn't have to get out of the way or make an "attempt." I understand if the batter is out over the plate. I have been called back numerous times becauase I just turned my back instead of taking a pitch to the side of the ribs. And the umpire ruled that it wasn't an "attempt."

In reply to N Ky Sports CEO, It's obvious you don't have a clue about the rules. We'll just have to see it being settled on the field this year!! Go camels!

By the way the only JV player to see the field in the varsity game that night was a pinch runner who was picked off first base!!!!!!!!!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.