Harlan- Wallace Jones

Cawood- Phil Cox/Nick Sanford

Cumberland- Garret Gregory

Corbin-Frank Selvey

Middlesboro-Lawrance Buell

Oneida Baptist- Ben Franklin

Clay County-Ritchy Farmer

Lynch- Forest Pearson

What about Paul "Showtime" Gaffney?Harlem Globetrotter.

He was a good player, but did not excel playing for Coach Whitaker. He did better in college than in high school.

Yeah your right, he had a heck of a career at King College. I guess in HS, although he did put up great stats, he was looked upon as more of a project with alot of potential. At the college level he worked hard and lived up to that potential for the most part. King is a pretty highly respected NAIA program but out of HS he had some DI offers. I think he had an offer to play at Army as well as some other mid-majors. He was just a naturally big strong kid. He was a very intelligiant kid as well.

What about Paul "Showtime" Gaffney?Harlem Globetrotter.

Gafney was not a great high school player. He was a fairly good high school player. He had two or three teammates on his high school team his junior year at Cumberland that were better. His senior year, Cumberland was terrible.

Gregory had an absolutly fantastic career at Cumberland College. He was good enough to go mid level D1 (OVC).

Raceland : Ron Duncan (best all time), Hollie Heaberlin, Jeff Watkins, Bob Trimble, Chris Vandergriff, Bob Owsley, Dave McBrayer

Fairview : Don Rigsby, Jeff Hall

Russell : Tom Roberts, Rick Hensley, Jack Savage.

Greenup Co. : Steve Scaggs (awesome b.b. player)

Elliot Co. : Rocky Adkins ....and probably any one of two or three of the current Elliot players.

(I know that I named more than one but the ones I listed are imo the best at the paticular schools that I have seen)

For the Fairview or 16th region fans "IF" Don Rigsby could have stayed healthy would you have put him up there with Jeff ?

Absolutely, I really would put him a little above Jeff even with him (Don) not being healthy. Rigsby was just an awesome basketball player for the Eagles.

Gafney was not a great high school player. He was a fairly good high school player. He had two or three teammates on his high school team his junior year at Cumberland that were better. His senior year, Cumberland was terrible.

Gregory had an absolutly fantastic career at Cumberland College. He was good enough to go mid level D1 (OVC).

Gaffney may not be in the top 10 at Cumberland, even though he did great things after high school.

I'd have picked Lewis Morris, or maybe Larry Cockrel from the early 1970s.