Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tyler Smith Granted Waiver

Featured Replies

Has the NCAA given their reason for granting the waiver?

  • Author
Has the NCAA given their reason for granting the waiver?

Not that I have seen yet...

My problem is... he committed to Iowa when his dad was sick... it wasnt like this happened while he was at Iowa

That's what I was thinking, and if his Dad has taken a turn for the worse, he needs to be home where he can do some good, not just home to play/practice/lift and travel. Take some classes and be there to help with your family. In a year, everything should be shaking out to where the situation will stand. If the illness is bad enough to warrant moving home, it's bad enough to warrant being home. Use the time you have. Don't make this move look tainted by something other than genuine concern for your father. When my Mother was dying from the same thing a couple of years ago, you see just how much time you have to have to help out with things. If his Dad is now bad off, playing ball will be one of the last things on this kid's mind this season. Right now, it looks like someone is pushing this through the NCAA for a different reason than just helping the kid help his father/family in a time of need....

Shady, shady, shady, BUT. It's offical, and its almost 99% offical that Tennessee is going to be real next season. They will be stacked, and Pearl will be jacked. Cannot really say they are inexperienced now as you could the previous two seasons, so for them to not do big things next year will be a total disapointment for the Vol faithful IMO.

  • Author

I know when my mom and grandpa were close to the end I made sure I worked my tail off to live up to what they knew I could achieve. It keeps me motivated every day. They didn't want me there feeling sorry for them. They wanted me working my tail off for my dream and they enjoyed every new adventure.

 

A lot of wrong happened to Tyler Smith (the basketball player) to get to this point, and there is no doubt some of it is his own fault.

 

Picking Iowa was off the charts last year. Still can't grasp that one. I think we can all agree that picking Alford last year for "coaching stability" threw up a lot of red flags.

 

I'm going to hope he finally got it right...

I'm not going to judge the kid by moving to his home state. Fact of the matter is he's much closer to his father and UT will be a force. Nothing bad comes from good competition. Should make the SEC a bit tougher.

One thing I still cannot figure on Smith is this. When UT made the coaching change, what was it Smith did not like about Pearl that made him want to opt out of his LOI? I mean I'm going to be honest I don't blame Pearl one bit for trying to keep a top recruit on campus and show him that he as a coach is willing to put the work in to turn UT into a contender. However, the fact is no matter what the circumstance whether it being grudgilance against the University for letting Peterson go, or not thinking a mid-major coach taking a step up would be the best to hone his skills, or what, Smith still wanted no part of the Vols a couple years ago. Now after Pearl has proven that he is quite frankly the man in Orange country (while obviosuly Pat Summit is the Woman), he suddenly wants back in. God bless the kid for getting back close to his ailing father, but it sure seems like Tyler knew he made a mistake by not coming in the first place and he has loopholed his way back into a good situation. Its just a muffed up situation IMO.

As far as TS playing at UT next season, I have no problem with it...He's a very solid player, but, i've still gotta believe that the situation with he and Pearl from a couple of years ago will rear its head at some point and could cause more team turmoil than his talent can overcome...

It also puts him closer to his teenage girlfriend (and their son) who he got pregnant before leaving for Iowa. I hope his summer school grades transfer over to Knoxville

  • Author

Tyler's dad passed away this week. Prayers go out to the Smith famiy...

Sad to hear that. Prayers go out to the family.

Tyler's dad passed away this week. Prayers go out to the Smith famiy...

 

Hopefully he got to spend extra time with him before he passed. Prayers to the family and hope that he can rebound and have a great season at UT.

Very sad to hear.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.