Griffey Wants Out?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes you think that 98?
I think it will be much harder to move Griff and his contract at what, 38? Than it will be to move 27 YO Dunn. Griff has deferred money and no team out there is going to trade for a 38 year old injury prone outfielder who they will then have to pay for the next 10 years.

I think it will be much harder to move Griff and his contract at what, 38? Than it will be to move 27 YO Dunn. Griff has deferred money and no team out there is going to trade for a 38 year old injury prone outfielder who they will then have to pay for the next 10 years.

So you're saying that they'll "be forced" to move Dunn before Griffey? That right? That could well be true.

For the record, I still think Junior is the one that ends up getting traded, and not Dunn. They will not trade both...they still have to score some runs in that band-box because goodness knows the opposition will.

Having the NL's leading run-scoring outfielder can be an asset in that building. :D :sssh: :p

That's not how Junior's deal works...

A lot of good talent comes up from AA.

Thanks. Maybe, and I'm just spit-balling here, but perhaps they'll want him to spend a little time seeing some "AAA" pitching next year.

If he is on the Reds in April (or May or June) of 2008 I'll heartily accept a rousing dish of "I told you so."