Griffey Wants Out?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just heard this on first take as well and was getting ready to post it. They also mentioned a rumored trade with the Cubs that would send Griff to Wrigley for J. Jones and others would be involved. Who knows ??

I don't know much about the Cubs roster but OLDRAMBLER, if you could play G.M. what would your trade look like for Griffey?

I don't know much about the Cubs roster but OLDRAMBLER, if you could play G.M. what would your trade look like for Griffey?

I don't know if I would trade him at all. Griff is the ONLY reason that fans are coming to the park now in Cincy. Attendance is down as it is, the Reds may be the worst team in baseball and there is NO improvement in sight. "IF" the Reds trade Griffey then that removes any reason (with the exception of maybe H. Bailey) now for a fan to come to the park, you basically would have an empty GABP.

A Cubs trade? Would have to be for more than one top notch player - maybe Jones along with Zambrano (although I can't stand him and think that he is trouble) and maybe some others and /or draft choices and /or Good minor league prospects. Front line MLB players and more than one would have to be in the deal before I would even consider it or listen. That is JMO.

I just heard this on first take as well and was getting ready to post it. They also mentioned a rumored trade with the Cubs that would send Griff to Wrigley for J. Jones and others would be involved. Who knows ??

Sean Marshall and Jones were the two players mentioned on a radio station in Chicago.

You would think either Dunn or Griffey would be gone in the next month.

Sean Marshall and Jones were the two players mentioned on a radio station in Chicago.

You would think either Dunn or Griffey would be gone in the next month.

Has Griffey lost THAT much value? Who are Sean Marshall and Jacque Jones? I'm not ""jumping on you" I am agitated at the rumor mills.

Has Griffey lost THAT much value? Who are Sean Marshall and Jacque Jones? I'm not ""jumping on you" I am agitated at the rumor mills.

They are two QUALITY baseball players. :lol:

More than likely nothing more than fan rumors, however, after last years trade with the Nationals, we just don't know what the Reds front office will do.

Actually Sean Marshall is just 24, left handed pitcher with A LOT of upside. Would be a bad trade for the Cubs IMO.

One thing is that if the Reds are going to move Griffey, now may be good time. He is hot and his value is up right now. Like I said, it would HAVE to be for more than one front line MLB player and some Minor league prospects/draft choices.

They are two QUALITY baseball players. :lol:

More than likely nothing more than fan rumors, however, after last years trade with the Nationals, we just don't know what the Reds front office will do.

Actually Sean Marshall is just 24, left handed pitcher with A LOT of upside. Would be a bad trade for the Cubs IMO.

I will give you Marshall, because ANY pitching will do this year, and plus he has an ERA under 3, and that is no fluke.

J. Jones? Quality? AVG .234 | HR 2 | RBI 20 | OBP .295 | SLG .328

My point exactly.

I will give you Marshall, because ANY pitching will do this year, and plus he has an ERA under 3, and that is no fluke.

J. Jones? Quality? AVG .234 | HR 2 | RBI 20 | OBP .295 | SLG .328

My point exactly.

I was joking regarding quality. ALTHOUGH Jones did have a great year last year, is struggling this year.

With the emergence of Hopper, I don't know if the Reds need another outfielder if they get rid of Griffey or Dunn. You would think Votto would get a shot to play 1st next year. Leaves the Reds with pitching and more pitching, unless they want to go after another catcher.

I was joking regarding quality. ALTHOUGH Jones did have a great year last year, is struggling this year.

With the emergence of Hopper, I don't know if the Reds need another outfielder if they get rid of Griffey or Dunn. You would think Votto would get a shot to play 1st next year. Leaves the Reds with pitching and more pitching, unless they want to go after another catcher.

My bad:thumb: Is this Votto guy as highly regarded as Bailey?

My bad:thumb: Is this Votto guy as highly regarded as Bailey?

Votto is one of the Reds bigger prospects.

He is currently hitting 310, 9 HR, 41 RBI in Louisville. Just no place to put him on the roster right now with Conine and Hatteberg doing pretty good jobs. Hopefully a spot will be open for him next year.