Somerset's quest for a new coach

I just found out that Somerset has cancelled most if not all of the summer passing leagues. That cannot be a good sign for Coach Lucas. I would hope that Coach Lucas would at least get some real consideration from the administration.

Is this because Lucas is running the show until they hire or do you think they will not hire him? Will he follow Cobb to Hendo?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nathan Jones -- recently Head Coach of South Oldham should maybe get a look? Had brought that program a LONG way...strong passing-game (Cole would benefit right from the start) gave Highlands FITS a couple of times (might have beaten them one of those times if not for a missed extra-point).

I heard saturday that Steve Sharpe, an assistant coach at Dunbar, has applied for the Somerset Head Coaching job. Sharpe has been around for years assisting at Southwestern, East Jessimine, and Dunbar. He is also a Somerset grad who starred at quarterback...He is a Somerset resident and relocating would not be a problem...:ylsuper:

Is Harp an assistant coach at a school north of Pulaski Co.?

Chase Harp is the son of Danville HC Sam Harp. I have no idea of this rumor to be true, so Im not going to comment, but I will fill those in on the young Harp and his background for you all that might not know.

Chase played for UK from 98'-02'. He was originally recruited to UK as a QB where he was all-state at Danville. He got switched to TE at UK and started there for 3 years. After he graduated was a Grad Assitant at Syracuse during the '03 season, then returned to Lexinton and was a G.A at UK for the '05 and '06 seasons. Most recently he accepted and assistant job as the offensive line coach at Gardner-Webb University in North Carolina (Div. 1-AA).

I havent heard anything about Chase applying for the Somerset job, but I can promise you this, with the experience he has not only playing, but coaching, then having a dad who is a living coaching legend in the state, the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

I heard saturday that Steve Sharpe, an assistant coach at Dunbar, has applied for the Somerset Head Coaching job. Sharpe has been around for years assisting at Southwestern, East Jessimine, and Dunbar. He is also a Somerset grad who starred at quarterback...He is a Somerset resident and relocating would not be a problem...:ylsuper:

I'm sorry. You must be mistaken. Steve Sharpe NEVER played high school football. He was the PA announcer. Shannon Neikirk was the QB in 80, 81 and 82, when Sharpe was in school at Somerset. Sharpe was in the announcing booth. Ask anyone who was around back then.

I'm sorry. You must be mistaken. Steve Sharpe NEVER played high school football. He was the PA announcer. Shannon Neikirk was the QB in 80, 81 and 82, when Sharpe was in school at Somerset. Sharpe was in the announcing booth. Ask anyone who was around back then.

Kemosabbee, He may have told you all that story when he was working at SWHS. He did not star or even play QB at SHS, Shannon Neikirk was the QB each of these years. I was around then and Steve was the PA announcer back in the day.

My bad... I was under the impression he was a super star. :laugh:

A la Billy Donovan?

Although with this being Henderson Co. and Somerset instead of The Magic and Gators I'd say there will be considerably less zeroes on any contracts--LOL! How are the Warriors looking this summer Princess? Looks like a typically tough schedule again this year. I think they'll do well in their new class.