Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Somerset's quest for a new coach

Featured Replies

Where has he gone.....?

He is still at SWHS and was coaching Track. Also he was Defensive coodinator...

  • Replies 68
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is still at SWHS and was coaching Track. Also he was Defensive coodinator...

 

So he just not the assistant head anymore...I understand.

So he just not the assistant head anymore...I understand.
He officially is no longer a football coach. He teaches at SWHS and if I were looking I would try to entice him. There is no relocating problem nor is there a problem with his ego. Has always been respected by the kids he has coached. I think that if he were approached he possibly could be interested. I would hate to see him across the field as he is a good coach...

I wouldn't want to see Allin as Somersets new coach. IMO he is just not head coach material.

I wouldn't want to see Allin as Somersets new coach. IMO he is just not head coach material.
Why do you say that?

As of today Somerset has a short list of 3 coaches, none which are local. Hope to hear more in the next few days.

As of today Somerset has a short list of 3 coaches, none which are local. Hope to hear more in the next few days.

Will the depature of Cobb have any bearing upon the Somerset's participation in the Passing Camps or the Ray Correll Bowl???

Will the depature of Cobb have any bearing upon the Somerset's participation in the Passing Camps or the Ray Correll Bowl???
Also, I wish to entend a hearty Thanks to Coach Cobb for all he has done for the Somerset community. He will be missed by many. Best of luck Coach...
Will the depature of Cobb have any bearing upon the Somerset's participation in the Passing Camps or the Ray Correll Bowl???

 

It is my understanding that the assistant coaches are staying behind to coordinate the passing camps. I can't think of any reason that this would hamper the Ray Correll Bowl. In fact it may make it more interesting, I would hate to be in Johnny Hines position now. He has no idea how to be preparing for Somerset now.

Lets hope it does not adversly the Jumpers. Those Kids have grew to rely on Coach Cobb. I guess they will adjust. I hope so...:thumb:

I have been told that it has been very hard on Cobb and the players. They had a very emotional meeting today.

As of today Somerset has a short list of 3 coaches, none which are local. Hope to hear more in the next few days.

 

 

Who are they.....??From where??

Why doesn't Somerset take a look up North??? Somerset has a strong tradition and is a known commodity in NKY. I'm sure some coaches, or at least top assistants, would be interested in hearing from Somerset's administration.

Our Super has a strong Football Background, playing and coaching. I think he would give consideration to any qualified coach that applied. Somerset has been just short of the big hardware several times in the last 30 years and has never been able to get over the hump, I hope whoever we get is able to finally push us to the next level.

Hey Average Joe, I saw it was suggested that you take the job. Too bad you make too much money.:D

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.