Somerset's quest for a new coach

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So he just not the assistant head anymore...I understand.
He officially is no longer a football coach. He teaches at SWHS and if I were looking I would try to entice him. There is no relocating problem nor is there a problem with his ego. Has always been respected by the kids he has coached. I think that if he were approached he possibly could be interested. I would hate to see him across the field as he is a good coach...

As of today Somerset has a short list of 3 coaches, none which are local. Hope to hear more in the next few days.

Will the depature of Cobb have any bearing upon the Somerset's participation in the Passing Camps or the Ray Correll Bowl???

Will the depature of Cobb have any bearing upon the Somerset's participation in the Passing Camps or the Ray Correll Bowl???
Also, I wish to entend a hearty Thanks to Coach Cobb for all he has done for the Somerset community. He will be missed by many. Best of luck Coach...

It is my understanding that the assistant coaches are staying behind to coordinate the passing camps. I can't think of any reason that this would hamper the Ray Correll Bowl. In fact it may make it more interesting, I would hate to be in Johnny Hines position now. He has no idea how to be preparing for Somerset now.

Our Super has a strong Football Background, playing and coaching. I think he would give consideration to any qualified coach that applied. Somerset has been just short of the big hardware several times in the last 30 years and has never been able to get over the hump, I hope whoever we get is able to finally push us to the next level.