Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Somerset's quest for a new coach

Featured Replies

Who may be possible names mentioned in this opening if Cobb is going to Henderson Co.?

  • Replies 68
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious to hear a list myself?

Since the resignation just came today, I'd say that the administration hasn't had time to begin compiling a list yet.

First of all I am sick about this :cry: , I think Jay is an exceptional coach, person and leader of young men. Even though my son has only been with the high school program since the end of last years middle school season, I was very impressed with the work ethic the coaches had instilled in the kids and the positive leadership especially Jay Cobb's. Jay is not a coach that belittles his kids, rather he pumps them up by stressing their strengths.

 

I just hope that they do a sincere search and get the best coach for our boys possible. :thumb:

 

I absolutely do not want the former "Jumper" that is coaching across town. :fight:

First of all I am sick about this :cry: , I think Jay is an exceptional coach, person and leader of young men. Even though my son has only been with the high school program since the end of last years middle school season, I was very impressed with the work ethic the coaches had instilled in the kids and the positive leadership especially Jay Cobb's. Jay is not a coach that belittles his kids, rather he pumps them up by stressing their strengths.

:scared: for our boys possible. :thumb:

 

I absolutely do not want the former "Jumper" that is coaching across town. :fight:

 

From someone who is from out of town who is the "Jumper" across town?

Johnny Hines at Pulaski County, IMO he has burned a lot of bridges on this side of Hwy 80.

Johnny Hines from Pulaski Co., I couldn't agree more with Jumper Dad!! I wouldn't be surprised if Johnny doesn't already have his name in the pot.

Johnny Hines from Pulaski Co., I couldn't agree more with Jumper Dad!! I wouldn't be surprised if Johnny doesn't already have his name in the pot.

 

 

Who do think has a sincere shot at the job? What about Robbie Lucas? He has head coaching experience. Shouldn't he be the front-runner since it is so late in the game? It would be bad for the kids to go into dead period with a question as to who the head man will be. Do you think the S-set administration would name an interim for this season and wait until next year to do a thorough search?

Coach Lucas is a possibility. He is already within the system and has experience as a head coach.

I could live with Lucas as an INTERIM coach. I'd rather have Perkins but either should only be for this year. If Hines is involved we're out. My son is only an 8th grader but he started for the 7th grade as a 6th grader and played some 8th grade then. Last year he started for the 7th and 8th grade but he won't play for Hines.

  • Author
Coach Lucas is a possibility. He is already within the system and has experience as a head coach.

 

Lucas is a proven defensive coordinator with the right talent at Somerset. He wasn't successful at Lincoln as Head Coach and it could be athletes or administration support. He was let go in only two years where he played and tried to get things back on track after an unsuccessful stint in Estes.

 

Anyhow, Lucas could go to Henderson with Cobb or stay there for another year and give it a shot.

 

I hope they hire ASAP and don't make a dumb hire and the program fold.

The last thing the program needs is a quick hire. Select an interim coach to keep things organized and possibly run this football season. I would imagine that an interim will be made shortly. Somerset needs to make sure that they have the right man running the program so I hope that the selection process is done in the right manner.

Just a thought..

 

Not that I want him to go ANYWHERE, but I've always wondered why Chris Larkey, the son of Rockcastle County head coach Tom Larkey, isn't up for consideration for some of the jobs in the region.

 

If I'm not mistakened, he has been on staff while for nearly 20 years (and has been the offensive coordinator for most of them) with his father and has experienced a great deal of success with considerably less talent than teams not as successful.

Edwin Allin of Southwestern is a good candidate, as he is no longer assistant Head Coach at SWHS... His experience at SWHS for 9 years makes him a very good prospect for the cross town rival Somerset...:thumb:

Edwin Allin of Southwestern is a good candidate, as he is no longer assistant Head Coach at SWHS... His experience at SWHS for 9 years makes him a very good prospect for the cross town rival Somerset...:thumb:

 

Where has he gone.....?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.