Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lofton #2 all time?

Featured Replies

I could see the arguement against JJ but at the same time he was such a good shooter. If you EVEREERRRRRRRRR wanted anyone taking that many three it was him.

 

On a side not he did improve his game ALOT the last couple years, but I'd say Lofton senior year will factor in huge, just like JJ's did.

  • Replies 69
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody ever hear of Travis the Machine Grant. He played for Kentucky State in the 70's when they won 2 out of 3 NAIA championships and could absolutely fill it up. Went on to play for the Lakers. I would put him up against anyone.

Patrick Sparks..................................sorry couldnt resist haha. But he was better than JJ right haha.

In all honesty they were some great ones but I dont see anybody who can honestly claim to out shoot JJ, he was amazing to watch. I dont like Duke much at all, but I really enjoyed watching JJ.

Just a couple SEC names to throw in there.

Maybe you guys remember Alex Dillard from Arkansas. I think he may have only played one year for the Razorbacks but I remember him pulling from near half court against the Cats in Fayetteville. He pulled from anywhere.

I also thought Chris Jackson from LSU was a prolific shooter. He was an all-around scorer and didn't care where he shot from.

Wesley Person from Auburn was another dead eye during the 90's in the SEC.

I don't think any of these guys did it with the consistency that Lofton and Redick did over a four year career. So I would have to say that they are one and two, with Gerry McNamara a close third.

Anybody ever hear of Travis the Machine Grant. He played for Kentucky State in the 70's when they won 2 out of 3 NAIA championships and could absolutely fill it up. Went on to play for the Lakers. I would put him up against anyone.

 

I'd never heard of him until I receive a 2 part DVD collection about KY basketball titled "Great Balls of Fire". They had a segment about Kentucky State, and from the footage I saw Grant indeed could fill it up.

Massielo

 

:ylsuper: An all time favorite. Still have a picture of him hanging above my bed...even though he coaches UofL these days.

Also on a side not I didn't see Sportsfan41 on the list either.

 

I swear this list is a total joke guys.

It is shameful that the two players we lost to Tennessee made this list! Total shame!!!

I don't think we lost Houston. Since Houston's Father coached the Vols at the time I don't think we had a chance of getting him. If I am not mistaken he had already signed (or verbal)with the Cards when his Father was an Assistant with them. Then Wade was hired by the Vols, so Allen went there to play. If I am not mistaken I don't believe Allen Houston ever got to play in one single NCAA tournament game. Which is a shame for a player of his caliber not to have ever experienced the thrill of March Madness.

I don't think we lost Houston. Since Houston's Father coached the Vols at the time I don't think we had a chance of getting him. If I am not mistaken he had already signed (or verbal)with the Cards when his Father was an Assistant with them. Then Wade was hired by the Vols, so Allen went there to play. If I am not mistaken I don't believe Allen Houston ever got to play in one single NCAA tournament game. Which is a shame for a player of his caliber not to have ever experienced the thrill of March Madness.

You would be correct, his committing to Tennessee got his dad the job.

You would be correct, his committing to Tennessee got his dad the job.

 

And I will never forgive Wade Houston for it, because it started L'ville's decline from national prominence.

 

There was no chance whatsoever that Allan Houston would go to UK.

Its interesting that you look at the top 10 and the #1 guy on the list has the 2nd lowest career 3 pt%. That just doesn't make sense to me.

I think you have to encompass the whole package...rarely has there been a kid with the exposure of Redick...the pressure from opposing defenses...the ire of opposing crowds...and one that has gotten better every year...JJ was the best....Chris Lofton is right up there as well.

 

If you want to encompass the whole package you have to talk about what he did when it really counted. Redick was never good in the NCAA tournament. I think the best shooters were.

Glen Rice shot over 50% his senior season from the 3 point line and led his team to a National Title. I just do not see how Redick stacks up with Rice.

Its interesting that you look at the top 10 and the #1 guy on the list has the 2nd lowest career 3 pt%. That just doesn't make sense to me.

Nobody on there...could shoot with him...day in and day out....it takes a little bit of common sense to know that he was flat out awesome...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.