Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lofton #2 all time?

Featured Replies

If you want to encompass the whole package you have to talk about what he did when it really counted. Redick was never good in the NCAA tournament. I think the best shooters were.

Glen Rice shot over 50% his senior season from the 3 point line and led his team to a National Title. I just do not see how Redick stacks up with Rice.

You also have his NBA career to think of....JJ was great when it counted multiple times, but stuggled at times in the NCAA's...that happpens...but his ACC tourney play was scintillating...people hate JJ I understand...but his resume speaks for itself...he is the NCAA's all time leading 3 point shooter, the 2nd most accurate FT shooter ever..and the ACC's leading scorer....his resume is quite solid.

  • Replies 69
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For now, #2 is fair but he could become #1 soon.

Wow, I cant believe I got to see this guy play HS football against my brother. He's come a very long way.

Nobody on there...could shoot with him...day in and day out....it takes a little bit of common sense to know that he was flat out awesome...

 

What do you mean no one could shoot with him? Guys shot a much better % than Redick day in and day out. I would like for you to explain to me why he is a better shooter than Glen Rice.

He shot over 50% his senior year from 3 point range on his way to leading Michigan to a National Title.

He has won I know atleast 1 3 point shooting contest in the NBA.

Rice has showed time and time again how good a shooter he is at every level.

Rice didn't shoot nearly as much as JJ and wasn't defended nearly as hard.....what's funny is you ask JJ's peers, they say it...his coaches, they say it, their opposing coaches, they say it....I will respect their opinions over yours anday of the week...and twice on Sundays.

Rice didn't shoot nearly as much as JJ and wasn't defended nearly as hard.....what's funny is you ask JJ's peers, they say it...his coaches, they say it, their opposing coaches, they say it....I will respect their opinions over yours anday of the week...and twice on Sundays.

 

I dont understand the comment that you always say that he ws defended harder than anyone else. If you look at the list you can see some guys on there who did not have the team around him Redick did so they had to get just as much attention as Redick did. I think Redick improved his ability to go to the basket and score and made him a much better player, but when it comes to shooting I would put some guys in front of Redick. Not many, but a few.

I stand by my comments that to be the best player, shooter, etc, you have to show you can get it done on the biggest stage in the NCAA tourney. Now if some player comes off the bench and hits 5 3's and the other team isnt really on him that tight to start with thats different. But other guys had scouting reports to no let them get a good look because they were great shooters, and some other guys got it done anyways.

I dont understand the comment that you always say that he ws defended harder than anyone else. If you look at the list you can see some guys on there who did not have the team around him Redick did so they had to get just as much attention as Redick did. I think Redick improved his ability to go to the basket and score and made him a much better player, but when it comes to shooting I would put some guys in front of Redick. Not many, but a few.

I stand by my comments that to be the best player, shooter, etc, you have to show you can get it done on the biggest stage in the NCAA tourney. Now if some player comes off the bench and hits 5 3's and the other team isnt really on him that tight to start with thats different. But other guys had scouting reports to no let them get a good look because they were great shooters, and some other guys got it done anyways.

You dislike Duke immensely....that includes Redick....like I said almost every person that is paid to voice their opinions about basketball, say that Redick is the best ever.........and some of those include his peers....their opinion is much more viable than some Duke haters. Got it?

You dislike Duke immensely....that includes Redick....like I said almost every person that is paid to voice their opinions about basketball, say that Redick is the best ever.........and some of those include his peers....their opinion is much more viable than some Duke haters. Got it?

 

So what makes him better than Glen Rice? You can say all day I am a Duke hater, and that is the reason I say what I do, but you dont tell me why he is better than Glen Rice who shot a much better % and led his team the a National Title.

For the record I do think that Redick is up there as far as being able to shoot the basketball. He is a great shooter there is no question about that. But there are a select few guys who IMO have shot the ball much better and have a better argument.

Some great shooters left off the list:

 

Mark Price

Steve Kerr

Tony Delk

Lee Humphrey

Jayson Williams

Gerry McNamara

Travis Ford

Morris Peterson

Scotty Thurman

 

I know there can only be 10 on the list, but all these guys IMO could make an argument for top 10.

So what makes him better than Glen Rice? You can say all day I am a Duke hater, and that is the reason I say what I do, but you dont tell me why he is better than Glen Rice who shot a much better % and led his team the a National Title.

For the record I do think that Redick is up there as far as being able to shoot the basketball. He is a great shooter there is no question about that. But there are a select few guys who IMO have shot the ball much better and have a better argument.

Glen Rice...by his stats was much more than a 3 point shooter, which was the point of this topic...no more, no less...Rice couldn't shoot from outside, day in and day out with JJ...the rest of his game is superior.

^^^^ Tayshaun Prince

28%

30.7%

35.8%

34%

 

 

Do you know what that above is? Tayshuan's 3 point % his four years with UK...

 

with a career percentage of 32.9%

28%

30.7%

35.8%

34%

 

 

Do you know what that above is? Tayshuan's 3 point % his four years with UK...

 

with a career percentage of 32.9%

 

I agree with RP on the %, But at the same time People who have a better % then JJ, RP makes excuses for JJ, Prince was better at every other stat that RP could come up with besides 3 point % and Free Throws, Prince was 10 times the player JJ was.

Prince was 10 times the player JJ was.

:laugh: :laugh:

I agree with RP on the %, But at the same time People who have a better % then JJ, RP makes excuses for JJ, Prince was better at every other stat that RP could come up with besides 3 point % and Free Throws, Prince was 10 times the player JJ was.

He likely still is way better... not 10 X's....but absolutely better.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.