Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lofton #2 all time?

Featured Replies

Whats the record for most threes made and does Salim Stoudamire hold that record or am I way off ?

  • Replies 69
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whats the record for most threes made and does Salim Stoudamire hold that record or am I way off ?

JJ holds both...

JJ holds both...

 

I meant to phrase that as most threes made in a single game. I knew JJ held most career threes.

I hated JJ for one reason, He was great at Shooting......Im not saying he wasn't the best, Just that, other players had better shooting %, without 17 3's a game.

 

So do we base it on most made? All time leader in 3's? Or the best % Shooter?

Forget Redick, I always enjoyed watching the ALASKAN ASSASSIN play for Duke. One of the great nicknames in recent memory.

I hated JJ for one reason, He was great at Shooting......Im not saying he wasn't the best, Just that, other players had better shooting %, without 17 3's a game.

 

So do we base it on most made? All time leader in 3's? Or the best % Shooter?

I think you have to encompass the whole package...rarely has there been a kid with the exposure of Redick...the pressure from opposing defenses...the ire of opposing crowds...and one that has gotten better every year...JJ was the best....Chris Lofton is right up there as well.

Just that, other players had better shooting %, without 17 3's a game.

He averaged 8 attempts / game

Lee Humphrey

Tony Delk

Bobby Hurley

JJ

Pistol

He averaged 8 attempts / game

 

 

:lol: ..Sorry.

Pistol

 

Didn't have 3's when he played, Or did they?

Didn't have 3's when he played, Or did they?

 

Don't believe so.

I meant to phrase that as most threes made in a single game. I knew JJ held most career threes.

 

GT should know this one since he's a former Thundering Herd, Keith Veney holds the one game record with 15. I saw him play one time on TV during the Southern Conference tournament finals. I only watched because his teammate John Brannen, played for the Herd. I know it's hard to base quality off of one game but he's one of the best 3 point shooters I've seen, he held the overall record at 409 for a while. He's off the beaten path but he could flat fill it up.

GT should know this one since he's a former Thundering Herd, Keith Veney holds the one game record with 15. I saw him play one time on TV during the Southern Conference tournament finals. I only watched because his teammate John Brannen, played for the Herd. I know it's hard to base quality off of one game but he's one of the best 3 point shooters I've seen, he held the overall record at 409 for a while. He's off the beaten path but he could flat fill it up.

I forgot all about Veney. I'd put him right there with Paul Cluxton on form...

Didn't have 3's when he played, Or did they?

 

Pistol graduated from LSU in 1970 and the 3 point line came into effect in college in 1986

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.