Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ESPN Names Top 10 College QBs

Featured Replies

Brohm's career stats against UK:

 

44/65 (68%) 472 Yds, 1 TD, 0 INT, 2 Rushing TD

 

Not spectacular, but certainly efficient. And 3-0 is a nice number, too.

 

Against UofL, Kentucky has played a defense that was fundamentally based on keeping the plays in front. UK made a determination that they would let stuff go underneath, but weren't going to get beat by the long ball. So Louisville concentrated on pounding UK on the ground in Petrino's tenure, and Brohm's presence is what gave the opportunity to run for the running backs (and not just Bush, I might add.)

 

Quick note: UK has totaled in the past three years 135 yards rushing against UofL. Digest that stat for a second. 66 yards, 47 yards, 22 yards. Only one rushing TD.

 

UofL, in those years, has racked up 833 yards on the ground against UK (261, 209, and 363.) They scored 12 times rushing.

If you think the difference in those pictures doesn't have anything to do with the QBs running the show (both in their check down and audible work at the line, and in the threat they pose in the backfield,) well, you and I are just going to have to disagree.

 

 

 

Wow. :D

  • Replies 100
  • Views 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice stats for those who live in the past...I bet the coach won't make a difference either.

  • Author
Here is my argument with you. You talked about the outcome of ballgames and the running game being so successful and say that it has a lot to do with the 2 QBs. I dont think you can compare Woodson and Brohm in that area against each other because UL has so much better personnel. There is only so much play calling or audibling can do when you are out-manned.

I am not saying Woodson is better than Brohm at that by no means, its just not a fair comparison.

I thought UK fans were pretty high on their running backs?

 

How can you use that argument, but at the same time UK fans are talking about the talent gap not being significant?

I thought UK fans were pretty high on their running backs?

 

How can you use that argument, but at the same time UK fans are talking about the talent gap not being significant?

 

I didnt see UK as being as talented as UL last year. The biggest difference IMO was the lines on both sides of the ball. I didnt think it was comparable. Actually when it comes to skill positions UK did not have the depth UL had, but they stacked up pretty well with them otherwise. And also UK's defense never was very strong, but they did get better as the year went along.

I wish Fletch would dig up some of the optomism of the UK faithful from last year...especially the BACKFIELD comparisons.

I wish Fletch would dig up some of the optomism of the UK faithful from last year...especially the BACKFIELD comparisons.

 

Lucky for them, it's probably too far back, and not even on the site anymore.

Why does it matter? This is about THIS Year.

  • Author
I wish Fletch would dig up some of the optomism of the UK faithful from last year...especially the BACKFIELD comparisons.
Can't... the mods (or the site automatically, I obviously am but an ignorant pleb so I don't know) cleaned everything out from 9/24 back.

I had a few post saying UK RB's were better, That I did.....How wrong was I?

I had a few post saying UK RB's were better, That I did.....How wrong was I?

You weren't right... :p :lol:

You weren't right... :p :lol:

 

 

:laugh: :laugh:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.