Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ESPN Names Top 10 College QBs

Featured Replies

2nd....3 games out.

 

 

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

 

Do they have a shot at the Wildcard.:lol:

  • Replies 100
  • Views 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What did Brohm do in last years game that made UK wish he was gone?

 

Led on offense that put up 59 and beat UK by 31.:D

Led on offense that put up 59 and beat UK by 31.:D

That was not Brohm hardly at all, give the running game all of that credit...

#2 QB? Now that is a stretch....when you had JD Booty and Chad Henne out there.

It's not me who has him #2... I've seen so called "experts".

That was not Brohm hardly at all, give the running game all of that credit...

 

Yeah, they was really no need to pass the ball.

  • Author
But it's not like crazy UK fans are making it up. Many see him as the #2 QB prospect for next year's draft heading into this year so why not be excited about it?
Woodson gets lil credit from any UL fans. Probably because of what happened during his recruiting. Woodson isn't a paper champ. He will show you how good he is.
Where did I say it was crazy?

 

I was responding to the view that not being on this list removes Woodson from pressure. As your post shows, list or not, the expectation is there.

  • Author
:rolleyes: Brohm has not killed us in the past, it was Bush...
What did Brohm do in last years game that made UK wish he was gone?
That was not Brohm hardly at all, give the running game all of that credit...
Brohm's career stats against UK:

 

44/65 (68%) 472 Yds, 1 TD, 0 INT, 2 Rushing TD

 

Not spectacular, but certainly efficient. And 3-0 is a nice number, too.

 

Against UofL, Kentucky has played a defense that was fundamentally based on keeping the plays in front. UK made a determination that they would let stuff go underneath, but weren't going to get beat by the long ball. So Louisville concentrated on pounding UK on the ground in Petrino's tenure, and Brohm's presence is what gave the opportunity to run for the running backs (and not just Bush, I might add.)

 

Quick note: UK has totaled in the past three years 135 yards rushing against UofL. Digest that stat for a second. 66 yards, 47 yards, 22 yards. Only one rushing TD.

 

UofL, in those years, has racked up 833 yards on the ground against UK (261, 209, and 363.) They scored 12 times rushing.

 

If you think the difference in those pictures doesn't have anything to do with the QBs running the show (both in their check down and audible work at the line, and in the threat they pose in the backfield,) well, you and I are just going to have to disagree.

Brohm's career stats against UK:

 

44/65 (68%) 472 Yds, 1 TD, 0 INT, 2 Rushing TD

 

Not spectacular, but certainly efficient. And 3-0 is a nice number, too.

 

Against UofL, Kentucky has played a defense that was fundamentally based on keeping the plays in front. UK made a determination that they would let stuff go underneath, but weren't going to get beat by the long ball. So Louisville concentrated on pounding UK on the ground in Petrino's tenure, and Brohm's presence is what gave the opportunity to run for the running backs (and not just Bush, I might add.)

 

Quick note: UK has totaled in the past three years 135 yards rushing against UofL. Digest that stat for a second. 66 yards, 47 yards, 22 yards. Only one rushing TD.

 

UofL, in those years, has racked up 833 yards on the ground against UK (261, 209, and 363.) They scored 12 times rushing.

 

If you think the difference in those pictures doesn't have anything to do with the QBs running the show (both in their check down and audible work at the line, and in the threat they pose in the backfield,) well, you and I are just going to have to disagree.

 

First off there was no comparing Brohm and Woodson before last season. Secondly I believe Hunter Cantwell could have got the job done last season, much like he did against Miami (who wasnt very good) and the other games he played in. UL was a better team last season and at that time UK was not playing very good football.

Hey Brohm is a great QB there is no denying that, but I dont think he deserves all the credit for UL being able to run the football.

 

 

Also I will say this. While Im not saying Woodson is better than Brohm I am saying that if you took Woodson off UK's team we would feel the affects of the loss much more severe than UL would.

  • Author
First off there was no comparing Brohm and Woodson before last season. Secondly I believe Hunter Cantwell could have got the job done last season, much like he did against Miami (who wasnt very good) and the other games he played in. UL was a better team last season and at that time UK was not playing very good football.

Hey Brohm is a great QB there is no denying that, but I dont think he deserves all the credit for UL being able to run the football.

 

 

Also I will say this. While Im not saying Woodson is better than Brohm I am saying that if you took Woodson off UK's team we would feel the affects of the loss much more severe than UL would.

It would be insane to think he deserves all the credit, but he deserves some of the credit... and there's enough praise to go around with what UofL has done on the ground.

Michael Bush and the Louisville O Line made the UK defense look BAD!. You dont see total domination by a RB like that very often. Louisville is in a different league when it comes to football. I am curious to see if the program will fall over the next few years. They sure built a nice football program. Back on the topic. I agree that Tebow should be ahead of Stafford. Stafford doesnt rank among the top SEC qb's. He should not rank in the top 10 in the nation either. Although I do believe Stafford will be a great qb some day.

Also I will say this. While Im not saying Woodson is better than Brohm I am saying that if you took Woodson off UK's team we would feel the affects of the loss much more severe than UL would.
That's true for any comparison between an excellent team all around and an average team with a few stars. That doesn't mean anything though when comparing the two individually but I get your point.

So I haven't really been keeping up with this thread, but I know I didn't read that Woodson will be the #1 QB in the draft next year...

So I haven't really been keeping up with this thread, but I know I didn't read that Woodson will be the #1 QB in the draft next year...

Kiper had him as his #2 prospect heading into this year. So really #1 isn't as far fetched as you might think.

It would be insane to think he deserves all the credit, but he deserves some of the credit... and there's enough praise to go around with what UofL has done on the ground.

 

Here is my argument with you. You talked about the outcome of ballgames and the running game being so successful and say that it has a lot to do with the 2 QBs. I dont think you can compare Woodson and Brohm in that area against each other because UL has so much better personnel. There is only so much play calling or audibling can do when you are out-manned.

I am not saying Woodson is better than Brohm at that by no means, its just not a fair comparison.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.