Jerry Narron

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately August and September will be meaningless.

Yeah, he is in a no-win situation. If he saves the starters for August and September and puts in the bullpin, they will blow the games and they wont have a chance to get into the post season with the "rested" starters. If he lets the starters win the ball games by themselves, then they wil not be fresh for the playoffs and then they won't win.

Yeah, he is in a no-win situation. If he saves the starters for August and September and puts in the bullpin, they will blow the games and they wont have a chance to get into the post season with the "rested" starters. If he lets the starters win the ball games by themselves, then they wil not be fresh for the playoffs and then they won't win.

Playoffs!?! Did you say playoffs!?!

There's nothing a manager can do for this team. It has a putrid offense and an even worse bullpen paired with an average rotation. The Reds are horrible on defense and only about 5-6 players on the entire team have any "upside" most of them are as good (and I use the term loosely) as they'll ever be. This team needs to be broken down as soon as possible and take their lumps with the kids that might make them better down the road. Is Narron the one to lead them through that? Probably not but I don't know that the Reds would spend the money on a manager that could effect that kind of turnaround in a short time.

:thumb: Very true.

If the Reds fire Narron at this point in the season, I think it would be huge mistake. Granted they're not playing good baseball right now, but firing Narron right now is not the answer. Patience. They will turn things around and start playing better ball. Starting pitching has been very good. Obviously the bullpen has been awful to this point. Patience.