First MLB Manager Fired this Season?

First MLB Mananger Fired this Season?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. First MLB Mananger Fired this Season?

• Jerry Narron - Reds
    • Joe Torre - Yankees
    • Ozzie Guillen - White Sox
    • Tony LaRussa - Cardinals
    • Charlie Manual - Phillies
    • Other

Did you check out the Reds bullpen thread? I believe there is some great points in there. I don't believe Narron knows how to properly use his bullpen.

Yeah I did but those numbers are flawed when guys dont do their job. Like last night Stanton comes in to turn around Berkman to hit right handed because that is his "weak" side. He comes in and walks him which forces Narron to make a change.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I knew the game of baseball.

If Gonzo hits 30, i'll buy you a prime ticket to the UC game of your choice, will you match my offer to IU? (I'll provide transportation to whichever game we go to)

That would be great if I didn't sit on the court for every UC game... :D

Yeah I did but those numbers are flawed when guys dont do their job. Like last night Stanton comes in to turn around Berkman to hit right handed because that is his "weak" side. He comes in and walks him which forces Narron to make a change.

Why was he forced to make a change? That all goes back to what GT said about Narron being to in love with the righty/lefty matchups. As Jeff Brantley stated on Sunday, Staton has actually fared better against righties in his later years. Why not leave Stanton in the ballgame?

Looks to me that Narron is blackmailing the Reds," You keep me as the Reds manager or else Hamilton goes back as a addict". And if this is true, it's a sad time in Cincinnati.

I was at the game last night and I heard other Reds fans talking about this.

I don't think thats the case at all. I think it might be in the back of their heads like GT said that he is his support system but I don't think he said that.

"You keep me as the Reds manager or else Hamilton goes back as a addict"

Why did you have that in quotes like JN really said it?

I don't think thats the case at all. I think it might be in the back of their heads like GT said that he is his support system but I don't think he said that.

Why did you have that in quotes like JN really said it?

That what I was thinking he was saying.;)

Looks to me that Narron is blackmailing the Reds," You keep me as the Reds manager or else Hamilton goes back as a addict". And if this is true, it's a sad time in Cincinnati.

So, Narron is going to make Hamilton an addict again if they fire him? And you overheard fans saying this? Were you in the Astros section?