First MLB Manager Fired this Season?

First MLB Mananger Fired this Season?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. First MLB Mananger Fired this Season?

• Jerry Narron - Reds
    • Joe Torre - Yankees
    • Ozzie Guillen - White Sox
    • Tony LaRussa - Cardinals
    • Charlie Manual - Phillies
    • Other

In the end Hamilton is still an addict. Part of what's keeping his life stable right now is the support of Jerry and his brother. Messing with that support system could cause some bad repercussions...

I certainly agree with this, but how long can you let Narron hold that trump card?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a ridiculous theory.

This baseball team does not play fundamental baseball 90% of the time. The manager makes horrendous decisions and puts out ridiculous lineups, night in and night out. These all fall onthe manager.

They will find a nother babysitter for Josh Hamilton, if anyone thinks his support system is solely dependant on the Narrons, then maybe he's not the hero we're making him out to be.

He's a recovering addict. Any shift in the support system can bring about bad news. Like it or not, it's a factor in the Reds manager...

So do you think Narron should be fired based upon his managerial decisions and philosophies?

I'm not all the way there yet. I think far too little blame is placed on the guys in the uniforms. But I do think he has some serious flaws that hurt the product from time to time as well...

I don't know. It's a double edged sword IMO...
What it comes down to in the end, is this. If that is the only trump card Narron has, and I can't think of another, do you ride the wave of Josh Hamilton while the rest of the team sinks like the Titanic?

I think this is a ridiculous theory.

This baseball team does not play fundamental baseball 90% of the time. The manager makes horrendous decisions and puts out ridiculous lineups, night in and night out. These all fall onthe manager.

They will find a nother babysitter for Josh Hamilton, if anyone thinks his support system is solely dependant on the Narrons, then maybe he's not the hero we're making him out to be.

I whole heartedly agree with the bolded part, but I don't think you can totally discount how much the Narron's mean to Hamilton.

I'm not all the way there yet. I think far too little blame is placed on the guys in the uniforms. But I do think he has some serious flaws that hurt the product from time to time as well...
I whole heartedly agree. Narron is not giving up 3 run home runs i nthe 8th inning.

But no one who has any baseball accumen whatsoever can justify some of the things he does.

What it comes down to in the end, is this. If that is the only trump card Narron has, and I can't think of another, do you ride the wave of Josh Hamilton while the rest of the team sinks like the Titanic?

We'll find out soon enough. And it's not like they are getting beat by 5 runs a night...

If Narron pitched out of the Bullpen and gave up 3 run homers everytime he is called on then I would say him. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE can win with a bullpen pitching like that.

Did you check out the Reds bullpen thread? I believe there is some great points in there. I don't believe Narron knows how to properly use his bullpen.

In that park he could easily get to 30. Guys get hot. That's how the game works...
I wish I knew the game of baseball.

If Gonzo hits 30, i'll buy you a prime ticket to the UC game of your choice, will you match my offer to IU? (I'll provide transportation to whichever game we go to)